PADI Trimix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by BIGJC
Whats the big deal with the gas blender course? Is it any different than any other gas mixing course, or is it just the fact that its PADI??

:confused:
See: http://www.scubaboard.com/t4727/s.html

Roak

Ps. You'll get to learn a lot about chickens in the above thread, too :)

I Just got my DSAT Tec Deep manual a few days ago. Not planing on taking it any time soon, But to me it looks like it is top notch.
Who has accualy looked at the book?
PADI does a good job IMO. And I don't debate the subject.

agulfdiver,

Did they give you a "Trimix is a Gas!" bumper sticker and a set of free ankle weights in the "Adventure Pack?"

- Warren

VTWarrenG, Does it make you feel BIG to be like a child?
I bet you havent even seen the manual.
Most people who are not PADI cant stand it because... well ...
I said I wouldn't debate the the subject.
Good Diving.:mean:

Just a note on PADI gas-blunder...

I know someone who got certified as a PADI gas blender instructor.

Just recently, they sent him a replacement c-card and asked him to destroy the original one they sent him.

Apparently, they are now seperating it into "nitrox blender" and "tri-mix blender" so they can get paid twice for it.

He is pissed because they only sent the nitrox c-card replacement. They want him to re-take (re-pay) for the trimix half. He feels he should have been given both halves as all they did was split the existing course he had already completed into two parts.

After being a PADI instrutor for many years, he is getting prety fed up with all the BS and is very close to giving up on PADI entirely. He has spent the last couple years getting certified to teach via several agencies other than PADI...

Originally posted by dc4bs
Just a note on PADI gas-blunder...

I know someone who got certified as a PADI gas blender instructor.

Just recently, they sent him a replacement c-card and asked him to destroy the original one they sent him.

Apparently, they are now seperating it into "nitrox blender" and "tri-mix blender" so they can get paid twice for it.

He is pissed because they only sent the nitrox c-card replacement. They want him to re-take (re-pay) for the trimix half. He feels he should have been given both halves as all they did was split the existing course he had already completed into two parts.

:confused: I certainly haven't heard of this. I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

I was the first PADI/DSAT Gas Blender student, and first OWSI (non-CD) to qualify to teach this course. PADI's regional representative certainly made no mention of dividing the course at the member forum last week. I'll update the board when I find out more.

Most people who are not PADI cant stand it because... well ...

Well... lessee... I'm a PADI Divemaster. So I guess I can "stand it" after all. :rolleyes: Let's just say I have little respect for the agency -- at least not for the half-ass "technical" programs they've been budding recently. I don't think I need to read their manual, since I've been unpleasantly unimpressed by most everything else they produce.

- Warren

This has nothing to do with the subject but why if you have been so displeased with PADI did you bother going all the way thru divemaster when there are plenty of other training agencies out there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom