PADI Trimix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2.7 is my answer UP....
did I get it right huh huh huh?:jester:
Ken

Smaller molecule...so I say "A" as well.

(but what do I know? I'm just an open water diver. Nothing special about me)

"A" baby.... and if it is not I'll be forced to write PADI again about their test questions!

Hmmm... here's a PADI question:

Which of the following gases is absorbed into tissues?

A. Nitrogen
B. Oxygen
C. Helium
D. Carbon Dioxide

(PADI loves to ask questions that really have multiple answers, but expects you to learn 'their answer' to pass)

- Warren

Warren-
GOOD POINT.... Like this one..

Is the sky...

A) Big
B)Blue
C) Above
D) None of the above

Or how about this one?

A tank of trimix should be labeled with which of the following:

A. The word "TRIMIX" followed by a piece of old masking tape with the helium fraction printed on it.
B. A giant "If you knew what Trimix was, you'd be diving it too" sticker. You may optionally affix your "PADI Trimix" patch to the tank, as well, to impress your dive buddies.
C. A single large (3") painted number indicating the MOD in FSW.
D. By the use of different-colored valve caps.

- Warren

Yes, it's in the works. Hopefully, PADI will take a little advice and circulate their "final" version of their trimix manual for comment before it goes to press. I think the Gas Blender manual could use a couple of minor adjustments to make it more user friendly. The accompanying software is fairly good, and does calculate helium mixes too.

For now, I get the impression that trimix is not PADI's first priority. Youth program development is finding a much larger audience, and is a higher priority following the 9/11 downturn in business.

My guess is that trimix won't appear until 4th quarter 2002 at the earliest. Look for any info at DEMA providing more detail about a launch date.

Originally posted by Uncle Pug
Here you go Big one....

Does Helium dissolve
a. faster
b. slower
c. the same
into tissue as Nitrogen?

Helium doesn't dissolve into the tissue...
It diffuses through...
But a. will do...
For PADI...

Whats the big deal with the gas blender course? Is it any different than any other gas mixing course, or is it just the fact that its PADI??

:confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom