PADI Surf entrance specialty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got back from the entrance to Ventura harbor. There are waves crashing over the break wall protecting the harbor. Lifeguard and Sheriff's Rescue are out in force. The beach south of the harbor has changed dramatically since last weekend. There are two new berms on the beach. water has been half way up on the sand close to the parking lot. The swells were coming in 2-3ft (4-5 with 4 seconds in between), then sets of 6-8ft (5-6 with 3-5 seconds in between) with alot of energy! There were even waves heading back out to sea from the shore.

Anyone up for a night dive?

Just kidding:D

FYI - 2 spots opened up for a private ScubaBoard Charter on Island Time for this Wed, 12/28. The dive conditons will be substatially better than anything you'll encounter here on the mainland this week. http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=120910 . PM wetrat for details.

A couple pics of local San Clemente charger, Greg Long, at Isla de Todos Santos ( a great advanced dive/surf destination off Ensenada) last week.

SMHbigsurf250296x003.jpg

SMHbigsurf250296x005.jpg

Still waiting to get pics from the tow-in crew that went out to Cortez Banks last Wed/Thur.

riguerin:
A couple pics of local San Clemente charger, Greg Long, at Isla de Todos Santos ( a great advanced dive/surf destination off Ensenada) last week.
That looks outrageous! Nice pics!

Christian

DiverBuoy:
riguerin those are some wonderful shots.

Agreed!

Incredible...

Two thoughts come up:

1) Not the type of conditions I'd want to do a beach entry in.

2) Wish I were a champion surfer. Damn! That must be fun.

Kevfin:
1) Not the type of conditions I'd want to do a beach entry in.

No worries ... Todos Santos is about a 45 min boat ride from La Bufadora. We should plan a dive trip when conditions are favorable. I hear that the East side is cake ... West side is wild and woolly (prolific marine life).

Back
Top Bottom