PADI Patches - Where do you get them and how do you wear them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why WOULD anyone want to show off the patches?! Especially as they're cheap bits of cloth showing they've completed something extremely easy and simple. It's not as if they're in the SAS or an astronaut.

Wonder if Mike's reading the board...he's got a NASA patch on his drysuit :cool2:

I know one guy who got an Ice Diver patch and made a point of sewing it onto his wetsuit (for diving in the Caribbean). I don't know if he actually did the course, but he got the patch (probably off eBay).

I know one guy who got an Ice Diver patch and made a point of sewing it onto his wetsuit (for diving in the Caribbean). I don't know if he actually did the course, but he got the patch (probably off eBay).

Actually any PADI DM or Inst. can get them. The one I wnat to see someone justify is the "Research Diver" patch from PADI. Now there is a completly worthless designation.

I don't have the boat owner/diver patch but I do have the card .........it says VISA on it.
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: Awesome...I haven't laughed so much in ages! Thank you!

The one I want to see someone justify is the "Research Diver" patch from PADI. Now there is a completly worthless designation.
It means the diver "looked in to it" before making the dive. :blinking:

Im not reading through 12 pages. Did any one mention the old school PADI patches? The big round ones?

Why WOULD anyone want to show off the patches?! Especially as they're cheap bits of cloth showing they've completed something extremely easy and simple. It's not as if they're in the SAS or an astronaut.

To impress non-divers :wink: That is the only reason I can think of. I guess they might be good for a laugh as well. I think if I came across a 'Boat Diving' PADI patch I might stick one on to my gear :rofl3:

To impress non-divers :wink: That is the only reason I can think of. I guess they might be good for a laugh as well. I think if I came across a 'Boat Diving' PADI patch I might stick one on to my gear :rofl3:

I think I deserve a "Boat Diver" C-Card for having learned how to get seasick three times during a one hour surface interval and not hit the side of the boat even once...

Isn't that what it is all about?

I think I deserve a "Boat Diver" C-Card for having learned how to get seasick three times during a one hour surface interval and not hit the side of the boat even once...

Isn't that what it is all about?

Sure why not :) Maybe we can bulk order some boat diver patches then?

this is my version of "boat diver"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom