PADI Patches - Where do you get them and how do you wear them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a bunch of them during my classes and have no idea where any of them are now. One came sewn onto the soft briefcase that you got with a DM crewpak at the time. Iwill say they are sewn on real well. Took nearly a half hour to get it off so I could put my skull & crossed swords patch on. I even had a DM hat that I ordered without really looking at it. When I got the damn thing it had a big PADI emblem on the front and Divemaster in little bitty letters on the back! I thought ***?! I want them to know I'm a DM from the front. Even called and asked PADI about it. Their answer- marketing! PADI needs to be seen first. That hat went in the garbage.

Rhone- go for it! What are they gonna do? Use the PADI impersonator cops on ya and handcuff you with the PADI handcuff a diver specialty skills they learn? I'd like to see one for the guy who trains the handlers on shark feeding dives. PADI Master Baiter Instructor!

Better not be sloppy with the pronounciation there...

Better not be sloppy with the pronounciation there...

The saddest thing about this is that if anyone made a comment like that about an SEI Instructor level, Jim would would likely have already reported the post and had it deleted. But apparently it's OK for him to do.:shakehead:

Badges, patches, Tshirts, golf shirts, caps.... most of us have some of these related to diving and wear them. I like the ones with centers I have dived and/or worked with, for me it's a sign of loyalty and respect for those people and it's also a good conversation starter. There are "cooler" ones than others (I´ve seen a LOT of people walking around with TDI, DIR Rebreather shirts and caps) and most dive centers are overflowing with "Dive Pirates" - I have two PADI patches that came with the kits...my Rescue Diver patch is ironed on the front of my ageing and otherwise plain black cordura logbook and I'm still trying to work out what to with the OWSI badge....:doh2:

Holly thread rescue Batman you just pulled one back from 2007 and it's on PADI patches.

There is an old southern saying, "If ya can do it, it ain't braggin."

However, in my personal OPINION, saying less says more, unless someone asks.

the K

I gonna sew this to my bare chest

3702598422968080_1.jpg

I wear my Padi "Bubblemaker" patch with pride.
T
When you get to SEAL TEAM you're gonna bust your shirt with pride!

Back
Top Bottom