PADI Patches - Where do you get them and how do you wear them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheRedHead:
How are patches going to help you get chicks when you're on a dive boat with women divers who probably have more c-cards than you? :huh:
:rofl3:
he did say IF, didnt he? :p

Ya' know... there is *one* thing about this thread I've found reassuring...

It's nice to know that even after YEARS of *dive agencies* (insert your own perfered alphabet soup letter set here) trying to figure out every possible way to dumb down and make the whole diving process more touchy-feely and *accessable* to the vast unwashed majority... WE STILL GOT A LOT OF DANG TESTOSTERONE RUNNIN' LOOSE OUT THERE!!! Glad to see folks willing to engage at close range over something this trivial... :rofl3: :rofl3:

... kinda' makes me wonder how intense the debate would be if somebody asked something REALLY incendiary like... oh... ummm.... "Tank straps... one or TWO???"

... gotta' go sew some patches on my dive t-shirts...

TheRedHead:
I wonder if wearing my TDI cap with the big twins on the logo will help me get men?

The big twins couldn't hurt. LOL!

TheRedHead:
I wonder if wearing my TDI cap with the big twins on the logo will help me get men?
In danger of being called a schauvenist pig or worse..

Your pic dont make me think youll need to...

Here's a little food for thought:

For those of you that have made comments against a person displaying their accomplishments via a patch...

how many of you have a dive sticker stuck somewhere?

how about a SCUBA tee-shirt?

destination sticker on your Pelican?

ball cap from the last place you dove?

I for one, have a personalize licensed plate regarding my love of diving and a dive sticker on the back.

If you have worked towards something and accomplished your goals TOOT YOUR OWN HORN, gosh knows no one else may! Wear you patch and feel good about it!!

I've completed classes that were easy and didn't feel as if I learned or accomplished much and then there are the classes that I am proud to have complete and would proudly wear a patch!

Well, I'm a Divemaster. I wear a hat with a Divemaster tab on it. That, and my 6-pack abs do wonders for apres-dive activities. :)

... YEA... and besides... no matter WHAT ya' say about dive patches... ANY dive patch has to be cooler than some ballcap with "Budwieser" or "Gitter Done" on it...

J.R.:
... YEA... and besides... no matter WHAT ya' say about dive patches... ANY dive patch has to be cooler than some ballcap with "Budwieser" or "Gitter Done" on it...

:rofl3::rofl3: this is true!

At least Budweiser doesn't have to worry about being related to #8 any more.

Have you checked with the girlscouts/boyscouts I think that they have a meritbadge for anything. Besides Isnt the skills you have for you and not something you need to show off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom