PADI MSD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why do they bother taking a pic each time? All I've ever got on my c-cards is the same pic that was used for my OW class, yet after each course the DS takes a new pic. It just doesn't get used.
“Pic” is an acronym for the fee/processing a certification. Not a picture.

Why do they bother taking a pic each time? All I've ever got on my c-cards is the same pic that was used for my OW class, yet after each course the DS takes a new pic. It just doesn't get used.
It is easier for the dive shop/instructor and PADI just to reuse a picture on file. A new one is taken in case there is not one on file. If you want to use the new picture instead of the old-one-on-file, tell the dive shop/instructor.

It was $41 in 2007. That's a lot of inflation.

Increase from $41 to $69 in 12 years is 4.5% increase per year. Certainly higher than typical inflation of consumer prices (which tends to hover around 1.5 to 2.0%), but it's really not much more.

The problem with prices rising is that people forget just how fast time flies. I bought a car in 1998, didn't buy another one until last year. Prices went up a little in those 20 years!

A "pic" is not considered students actual photo- It is considered the processing cost for certification card. As a Instructor I can either use student's existing photo or a new photo.

Increase from $41 to $69 in 12 years is 4.5% increase per year. Certainly higher than typical inflation of consumer prices (which tends to hover around 1.5 to 2.0%), but it's really not much more.

The problem with prices rising is that people forget just how fast time flies. I bought a car in 1998, didn't buy another one until last year. Prices went up a little in those 20 years!
I bought my first car (Honda Civic) in 1980 for $5,300 (Canadian) cash. That might be just a little more than the "cash back" today.

I bought my first car (Honda Civic) in 1980 for $5,300 (Canadian) cash. That might be just a little more than the "cash back" today.

How funny... my 1998 is a Civic. And so is my 2018. $16k out the door in 1998, $24k last year.

Back
Top Bottom