PADI MSD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Malcolm White

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Having acquired the PADI rescue diver and 5 specialties, do my minimum dive requirements (50 dives) need to be logged on the PADI site to get the MSD accreditation? I use Diverlog+ with my i770 and don't really want to write them all out again!

I doubt your dives need to be documented in any special way, just documented. A PADI dive center will need to sign off on your MSD application, including your dives.

I hope it is not true this time, but you might as well ask about jacket BCs, split fins, Air2, non-Shearwater computer....

I hope it is not true this time, but you might as well ask about jacket BCs, split fins, Air2, non-Shearwater computer....

upload_2019-3-20_18-37-52.png

Having acquired the PADI rescue diver and 5 specialties, do my minimum dive requirements (50 dives) need to be logged on the PADI site to get the MSD accreditation? I use Diverlog+ with my i770 and don't really want to write them all out again!

Hi Malcom White,
no need to log them on the PADI site.
Just show your logbook ( in whatever format ) to the certifying instructor.
Congrats with your MSD achievement !

My instructor back then didn't even want to see my log and after I finished all the other requirements he was going to send in the paperwork. Said he trusted me to do the 3-4 more dives I needed to make 50. I told him to wait a week or two so I could actually get to my dive #50. I wanted to do things the right way.....
I guess you mean logging your dives on ScubaEarth? Or some other PADI site place? I don't think anyone does that to show dive count for courses that require a certain number. I could be wrong nowadays.

My instructor back then didn't even want to see my log and after I finished all the other requirements he was going to send in the paperwork. Said he trusted me to do the 3-4 more dives I needed to make 50. I told him to wait a week or two so I could actually get to my dive #50. I wanted to do things the right way.....
It sounds like he was after his students count :)

Nope, just fill out the form and pay PADI some money and you can get the card saying you have other cards...

Hi Malcolm- A PADI MSDT Instructor will have to verify your info and check that you have 50 logged dives and will signoff on form that you will send directly to PADI, the fee for certification
was $69 a couple of months ago aside from any charge the Instructor might charge. If I were you go to any of the Instructors who did your Specialties or Rescue and talk to them-you cannot
get certified directly from PADI without a Instructor signoff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom