PADI "Looking Good" Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Outside of professional commercial modeling , why in the world would anyone want to model or have somebody model for UW photos? A sales brochure/website?

... in some circles it's an art form ...

WHALE_SHARKS_0010.jpg

th?id=OIP.gah5gSFd4TrZUmRK5NkA-gHaFQ&pid=Api.jpg

uWRioRbutmXhNBldXO1x_1082113644.jpe

Even getting someone to know where to pose and when to stop breathing can be tricky if they don't know when to do it. And if they're handling remote strobes it can be even trickier ...

Kristi_fenomenon_preabedavis_rootssmall.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Except that such things should probably be done by professionals. Otherwise, they tend to look amateurish at best, too often sloppy and stupid, even bizarre. Do it yourselfers should stick to publishing scenery and fish photos.

Not necessarily ... this photo would be a lot less dramatic (actually not even worth taking) without a diver in it ...

IMG_9263.jpg

... and sometimes ya just wanna have fun ...

IMG_4638.jpg

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Not necessarily ... this photo would be a lot less dramatic (actually not even worth taking) without a diver in it ...

View attachment 443284

... and sometimes ya just wanna have fun ...

View attachment 443285

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
But why no warhammer shots? They are real attention getters. I'd also suggest a pic of a new diver clinging to a DM while heading for the surface, the new diver breathing off the DM's octo with protruding eyes as big as saucers. That would certainly add authenticity to a brochure.

What about the "How to Pee in a Wetsuit" class?

And "How to fill your tanks online" -- I bet that one would be pretty popular!

How to load your tanks in the trunk of your car.

As you might guess, my profile picture was posed. I did a number of shots that day, for the benefit of myself, the photographer, and the dive guide who is behind me and not shown in that picture. Some of it was very hard for me. I am not swimming in that picture--I am hovering, and I had to do it for a while as the photographer got to just the right angle and the dive guide behind me (Natalie Gibb) trained her lights the way he wanted them.

As you might guess, my profile picture was posed. I did a number of shots that day, for the benefit of myself, the photographer, and the dive guide who is behind me and not shown in that picture. Some of it was very hard for me. I am not swimming in that picture--I am hovering, and I had to do it for a while as the photographer got to just the right angle and the dive guide behind me (Natalie Gibb) trained her lights the way he wanted them.
Unposed profile pic.

Reactions: Doc
And "How to fill your tanks online" -- I bet that one would be pretty popular!
That class has been deprecated by either the "how to form a dive club" or the "how to buy and operate your own compressor" or the "how to get to know local firemen" classes. The last one can be very popular with the ladies.

a student approached me last year and asked if I taught The Zombie Apocolypse (sic ) course , I said are you kidding ? turns out it is a padi specialty taught by a couple of dive stores ...he asked me to become an instructor for it ....I told him no way .... I couldn't hold that card and self respect too

You're way too serious.

I see a great need for reef-friendly zombie make-up and wetsuits with realistic prints of festering open wounds. That last one would look great coming out of the water on a crowded beach on Amity island.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom