Padi IDC in U.S. How much we talking here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eth727

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was thinking about being an instructor but might not have the $$ funds. How much does the IDC cost complete with books and all? How much time to complete it?

Call/email some shops and ask them.

There are many different ways to do it, and many different prices.

2100 in Key Largo, that's the whole kit and caboodle

I'm doing mine abroad next month, but this is what I found for US dive centers I researched:

IDC - $1200-1400
EFRI - $200-250
Books - $475-550
Fees - $625

Plus travel, accommodations, food and beverage, insurance, and additional required equipment... so I wouldn't expect to pay anything short of $3000 for the entire experience and more if you have to fly, don't own your own gear, and wish to have some spending money.

I'm not paying much more to fly to a tropical destination, stay for five weeks, and get in an additional 35 reef dives in a beautiful destination with predictable weather. I also like the benefit of expanding my diving horizons, meeting new people, and learning from different instructors.

Some would prefer to do all their coursework through the same instructor, but to me that's tantamount to in-breeding since a student doesn't know if his instructor is actually a good one or a convincing hack. I also think for the IDC its best to choose a company that specializes in professional training, since teaching newbies is quite a bit different than teaching divemasters.

Am looking and have found aplace in Mexico to provide certification for PADI cast was around $3000 for everything. Am a little concerned about violence in Mexico. Any thoughts?

I was thinking about being an instructor but might not have the $$ funds. How much does the IDC cost complete with books and all? How much time to complete it?

The cost of an IDC can vary depending on what is included. For the most complete IDC and the best training in Mexico look at;
GoPro Cozumel | PADI IDC | Cozumel Mexico Scuba Instructor Course Training | PADI Scuba Instructor Training. This is a very comprehensive IDC with accommodations, lunch, gear rental, books (IDC crew pack), EFRI course, PADI fees, EANx Instructor rating and PADI O2 Instructor rating and all the extras included in the price of $2660. The length of time for this IDC is 14 days. The extended IDC in a Resort environment is a very relaxed IDC with plenty of time to prepare for the IE.

www.goprocozumel.com and www.divemasterinternships.com for Change of Life programs from never being in the water to Instructor in 7 months and Divemaster internships.

Check it out!!

Back
Top Bottom