Padi Efr

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The EFR course can be fun.

As an EFR instructor, I find that one of the more difficult problems is keeping most awake during the course. There are alot of fun activites you can do to keep it interisting. Just ask your instructor! Im sure he/she knows how to spice things up!

If not, get em to talk to me and Ill throw em some suggestions!

Dont be afraid to ask quesitons as well!

gangrel441:
Another question...the better half and I took our rescue using our renewed and current American Red Cross CPR & First Aid cards. Neither of us have taken EFR. Is there any benefit to be gained from the EFR class which is not covered by ARC certifications?
You might even want to consider the ARC Emergency Response course and they have a Wilderness first Aid course for delayed help settings.

freediver:
You might even want to consider the ARC Emergency Response course and they have a Wilderness first Aid course for delayed help settings.

I am already planning on certifying for AED...may have to look at this wilderness class as well. :)

No doubt..I think that everybody, diver or not, should have first aid. You never know when you will need it. The weekend after I was certified, I was at WalMart and saved a 3 year old from choking. Her Mexican non-English speaking mom was running through the store screaming carrying her lifeless body. She was unconcious and not breathing with a full obstruction. I actually surprised myself at how calm and collected I was at taking control of the situation. Kudos to my instructor Wes in Hendersonville!

...states that the averagely motivated student can maintain focus for about :20 at one time; after that, the Instructor's words start sounding kinda like that Teacher in the "Peanuts" cartoons - "Whah-wah, Whah-whah -whah, Whah-Whahhhhhhhhhhhhh"

We've all been there - right?!

I start my emergency medical teaching with a game, & intersperse games throughout the day(s). If I don't have a game, I try to get the folks up & moving or otherwise engaged every :20 or so; it makes the medicine easier to swallow!

Oh yeah, another thing - HUMOUR! I can remember my earlier First Aid Instructors to be akin to marine drill sargeants, & the pressure to DO IT RIGHT was borderline ridiculous. Just because the nature of the subject is serious doesn't preclude the idea that learning to care for others CAN BE FUN!!

So get out there, have some fun, then go forth & save lives!

Best,
D.S.D.

Hi guys,

was wondering if you actually receive a C-card or if it shows up in your padi.com profile? I did my EFR course about 2 months ago, but still have not received a card yet, nor has it shown up in my padi.com profile... was wondering if I should be calling someone to check up on it?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

was wondering if you actually receive a C-card or if it shows up in your padi.com profile? I did my EFR course about 2 months ago, but still have not received a card yet, nor has it shown up in my padi.com profile... was wondering if I should be calling someone to check up on it?

Thanks!

Yes you should have received a card and yes is should be showing up on your dive chek report.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom