PADI DM, DSD Leader

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

randytay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Is there a way to differentiate a basic DM and a DM with DSD Leader rating without verifying with PADI? Does a DSD Leader has a separate c-card or something like that?

I am a PADI DM and DSD Leader. There is nothing on the PADI site on my c-card which indicates I am a DSD Leader. You have to call PADI to confirm I am.

Really? That's interesting - nothing shows when you look under "My Professional Member Ratings"?.

My "Core Credentials" still show my DSD Leader rating.

If it's not there, you need to call and find out why it is not. That is your proof you are a DSD Leader - it should be there.

If I go to My Account and click the My Professional Member Rating link I can see I am a DSD Leader there. However if someone else wanted to check I cannot see where they could check. The ProChek just states:

Certification Level: Divemaster
Authorized to Teach: <checkmark>
Renewed: <checkmark>

So I can confirm my status as a DSD Leader but someone else would have to call PADI.

If I go to My Account and click the My Professional Member Rating link I can see I am a DSD Leader there. However if someone else wanted to check I cannot see where they could check. The ProChek just states:

Certification Level: Divemaster
Authorized to Teach: <checkmark>
Renewed: <checkmark>

So I can confirm my status as a DSD Leader but someone else would have to call PADI.

Question: What were you authorized to teach? I have DSD leader rating on my account too but authorized to teach is not checked.

randytay, are you insured?

Last edited:
Question: What were you authorized to teach? I have DSD leader rating on my account too but authorized to teach is not checked.

I believe, even before my DSD Leader rating, I had the Authorized to Teach checkmark. The shop I did my internship with immediately put me on their insurance when I graduated. If you are not insured the Authorized to Teach might not be green.

As an insured, active divemaster with EFR up to date I believe I am authorized to 'teach' Discover Local Diving and Scuba Review. As a DSD Leader I can also conduct DSD, in a pool and only with a ratio of 4:1.

randytay, are you insured?

Just sent in my insurance paperwork last week. Is that the reason why it is not checked?

BTW, I received the DSD Leader card in the mail today.

In PRO check you be authorized to teach, and you will see ratings for DM and DSD leader. You will also get a DSD leader card in the mail. You can also register your DSD's using PIC online in the PADI PROS site, but if you are not a DSD leader then this will not be available. If you are looking for a job you can print out your PRO ratings for your resume. Be sure to refer to the instructor manual for your ratio's. Congradulations guys, and welcome to the PROS.

Just sent in my insurance paperwork last week. Is that the reason why it is not checked?

BTW, I received the DSD Leader card in the mail today.

That is why you are not yet authorized to teach. You have to be renewed and insured. Once everything is processed you will be good to go.

Back
Top Bottom