Info PADI converts to eCards 10 Jan 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not a pro. No e-cards shown. Logged out and in and still no e-cards. All certs do show under "Certifications with no eCards" heading.
Same here -- only e-Card showing is Nitrox, which I believe there was a PADI promotion when I got that cert to get "free" e-Card + regular card. All other certs show as "Certifications with no eCards".

I just send a copy of my current rescue and nitrox card to dive ops that do not know me. Never needed the original but glad I have them. anyways soon to do TDI ANDP. That should be the last cert I ever need. Do I get a card for that I better ask.

Former pro (just DM) but I’ve not paid PADI a dime in several years. All my certs show up.

When you guys say "show up", what do you mean, exactly? Over here (Europe) PADI has been doing their eCard-only thing for a couple of years, and for me it looks like this: all certs "show up", but that doesn't mean they're eCards.

IMG_1047.PNG

When they went eCard-first over here nothing old was converted to the new thing -- it was just that newly issued certs were electronic instead of plastic, instead of the opposite as it was previously. Is there something to indicate that this latest move should have affected existing certs?

All my certifications show up on the PADI app., but only OW and AOW have e-cards that you can view. All other certifications have a note: "no E-Cards". The certifications on the app offer no details. When selected I get the option to purchase an ecard.

PADI is clearly having issues with this app and their desire to monetize ecards. Now when I launch the app I have 3 of my certs appear as ecards that I can pull up, but all of the others are listed as "certifications with no ecards". The certs without ecards appear in my list but I can no longer pull up any of the details. It simply gives me an option to purchase the ecard or order a replacement card. No details show up. As recently as yesterday I could pull up all of the details for all of my certifications (which is as it should be). So the kudos I offered PADI were clearly offered prematurely. I should have known better.

Are you sure you have the latest version of the PADI app? My version (which shows all my PADI cards, dating from 1999) is 2.0.74.
as a pro you get all the ecards for no fee.

First boarding passes on the phone, discounted pay for parking and now the inability to lose something one rarely needs, when will these atrocities stop!

I would love to have this option for my original NASDS certs but they went away and all records were lost in a fire.

the only time i ever show a card, in the past 50 years was on some boats and to get into point lobos, you only need one card.

First boarding passes on the phone, discounted pay for parking and now the inability to lose something one rarely needs, when will these atrocities stop!

I would love to have this option for my original NASDS certs but they went away and all records were lost in a fire.

the only time i ever show a card, in the past 50 years was on some boats and to get into point lobos, you only need one card.
Take a photo of any physical cards. Keep on phone. Done. Some people seem to discount this option and keep yapping about needing an app. You have the app already - phone app on your phone. If you’re too Luddite for that, make photocopies of your cards.

🤦‍♀️

Take a photo of any physical cards. Keep ok phone. Done. Some people seem to discount this option and keep yapping about needing an app. You have the app already - phone app on your phone. If you’re too Luddite for that, make photocopies of your cards.

🤦‍♀️
I love the fact that you brought the word Luddite here from that other ridiculous thread 😂!
For me, it’s just curiosity. I keep them on my phone, but bringing a physical card is no big deal. I have to show it at any of the shops I’ve done boat trips with, GoWest, Capt Don’s, etc, but ain’t no thing.

Erik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom