Info PADI converts to eCards 10 Jan 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PADI solved my issue and I have now my AOW in the section certs with no e-cards. :)

So Apple apps (like Wallet) are OK?
Apple has a fairly good record in trying to keep user privacy vs Google or third party apps.

So Apple apps (like Wallet) are OK?
Apple Wallet is an awesome app to store all sorts of records in 1 convenient place, especially when traveling. I have credit cards, frequent flyer cards, insurance cards, vaccine cards, etc.,.

I’d much rather PADI offer the option to add your cert cards there than have to dig past the sales pitches to get to your cert cards in the PADI app…

Apple Wallet is an awesome app to store all sorts of records in 1 convenient place, especially when traveling. I have credit cards, frequent flyer cards, insurance cards, vaccine cards, etc.,.

I’d much rather PADI offer the option to add your cert cards there than have to dig past the sales pitches to get to your cert cards in the PADI app…
LOL. Am I allowed to say Apple and Kool-Aid in the same sentence? The issue wasn't Apple Wallet, it was a post that slammed all apps as invasions of privacy but then lauded Wallet Kind of contradictory.....

I could not find any of my certs on the PADI webpage or via the app so I emailed to inquire. They responded quickly and have uploaded all my records to eCards.

I could not find any of my certs on the PADI webpage or via the app so I emailed to inquire. They responded quickly and have uploaded all my records to eCards.
No charge?

LOL. Am I allowed to say Apple and Kool-Aid in the same sentence? The issue wasn't Apple Wallet, it was a post that slammed all apps as invasions of privacy but then lauded Wallet Kind of contradictory.....
OK, but that was not the post that you replied to - that one appears to be several pages back.

It is true that the use of most modern apps requires acceptance of some potential loss of privacy - but I’d honestly trust Apple to manage my data much better than PADI as I’m pretty sure that PADI has far less resources to do so.

The PADI app is really of little to no use to me so I’d still love to see them allow Cert eCards to be stored in Apple Wallet - though I doubt they’ll do that as they could not try to sell you more training and merch that way. I’ll stick with my physical cards and scanned copies stored in apps that are useful to me (like Dive Log).

Will all existing PADI card holders be able to use the PADI app to retrieve cert e-cards for free, just like SDI/TDI offers? I'm not going to hold my breath.

I downloaded the new app and logged in with my existing account. All my certs are there … DM, all specialties, all the way back to OWD. I’m pleasantly surprised. Kudos to PADI for allowing me to access something I already purchased & earned. Joking aside, it is progress.

Now if they’d just enable face/touch login. I critiqued SDI/TDI when they didn’t activate it & they resolved that. Hopefully PADI does the same with their app. I just submitted feedback asking them to enable it.

Back
Top Bottom