Info PADI converts to eCards 10 Jan 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as I can tell, having downloaded the app over the summer and regained a lot of certs from a long time ago, if you originally received a plastic card at the end of a previous course then you don’t get a new ‘free’ E-card when you sign up for the app, which would effectively be a second copy. But all the courses I’ve done since I’ve received the E-card automatically instead of a plastic card.

Also received my MSD from PADI for free too (not paid for by LDS).

I downloaded the TDI/SDI app when it came out. Deleted it when I realized it was just PDFs just like I already had saved from their website. Their website works pretty well with a smartphone web browser so I don’t need the app. I have the needed cards saved in my iPhone photo in the favorites folder.

I just logged into the new PADI app on Android (had to reinstall because I uninstalled it ages ago due to being useless).

I see ecards for my OWD, AOW, and EAN certs. I also see all those certs listed in the "Certs without ecards" section. Those three were certs that I redeemed the temporary ecards that came with the cert.

So my guess people seeing ecards that they didn't purchase, it is a bug or a database issue.

As far as I can tell, having downloaded the app over the summer and regained a lot of certs from a long time ago, if you originally received a plastic card at the end of a previous course then you don’t get a new ‘free’ E-card when you sign up for the app, which would effectively be a second copy. But all the courses I’ve done since I’ve received the E-card automatically instead of a plastic card.

Also received my MSD from PADI for free too (not paid for by LDS).
I don’t think that’s it as I had several e-cards showing in the earlier version of the app and now I have none in the latest version - the PADI app (and, apparently, their QC on updates to it) sucks!

C0174BCB-BF8D-483E-BD00-44DB2ADB4731.png

I downloaded the TDI/SDI app when it came out. Deleted it when I realized it was just PDFs just like I already had saved from their website. Their website works pretty well with a smartphone web browser so I don’t need the app. I have the needed cards saved in my iPhone photo in the favorites folder.
I scanned all of my cert cards, DAN insurance card and my passports, etc., and store them in the Dive Log app on my iPhone - it captures images of the front and back of the cards as well as some specific data fields - it works great.

PADI will not get another dime from me for e-Cards that should be free to begin with!

CCA48F1A-95C9-4E3A-8035-7EDCD94F17DC.png

FB4ACF95-6985-413B-ACE3-08B01C3CEFE7.png

I've got images of all of mine saved to my phone. I also e-mailed them all to one of my gmail accounts. That way I can access them anywhere as long as I either have my phone (with or without internet) or someone has internet access.

This is all backup anyway. I e-mail/text/whatsapp the applicable certs when I make the reservation.

Why can’t PADI let you download an Apple Wallet compatible file for each of your "certifications". Then it’s backed up to your iCloud account and you don’t need to use the PADI appp.

Or just issue the card as a PDF. Ditto.

Or images and save to photos. Ditto.
So Apple apps (like Wallet) are OK?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom