Info PADI converts to eCards 10 Jan 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So will these now be converted to e cards after the posted date? It looks like I don't have the ecards listed currently.

Interesting. I downloaded the app and signed in. All 3 cards are showing. No QR code, but all details are there

Apparently I still have this weird issue where they created a new ID for my advanced open water so it still does not show up.

I found an email from 2018 where I am asking PADI emea customer services to fix this but they never replied, just bounced the email with “did you have time to look at this one?” 😂

Edit: oh now they track the emails in queue: I got an automated reply, so maybe it will get solved …

I have the app downloaded and when I open it this pic below is all I get as far as electronic e-cards go..... No specialties, no OW, AOW, Rescue, DM, no Enriched Air, etc.

I do have actual "photo's" of all of my certs saved to an album on my phone which is backed up to the cloud daily so I think that's really all I need and it's no additional cost to me...

I redacted my last name, QR code and diver number to protect the innocent........or guilty......depending on how you look at it!!!

lctAZcV.png

Yeah I phrased that badly but I’m sure you know what I meant.
Actually, I don't. Sorry.

Welcome to having 8 billion people on the planet (vs 3.7 billion in 1970).
True. But you're still paying for the free 1970 paper shopping bag. I suppose they'd say that would further entice you to bring your own reusable bags-- as opposed to increasing their bottom line. Now, let's get into self checkouts....
A few years ago PADI stopped including the Sport Diver paper mag as part of a pro's PADI membership, but still had it for PADI Diving Society members. Why not make it electronic only for everyone and save the planet?
Because maybe people still like the mag while they're on the throne?

I have the app downloaded and when I open it this pic below is all I get as far as electronic e-cards go..... No specialties, no OW, AOW, Rescue, DM, no Enriched Air, etc.
Out of curiosity, what happens when you scan the QR code? I don’t have a use for the PADI app as most of my certs are with other agencies. Mostly SSI.

The SSI app also has a QR code. When I scan the code, it brings up a screen where it asks for a birthdate. When that is entered correctly, it will bring up further details such as my name as well as all the certs and a few other bits. Should be sufficient for any dive op that has an internet connection, regardless of affiliation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom