PADI Career Development Centers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GAllen

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Simply put, I am trying to find a list of PADI Career Development Centers to compare prices and courses offered. I have some knowledge of the following CDC's:

ProDive International, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Neptunes Dive College, Manzanillo, Mexico
Mermaids Dive Center, Thailand

I have already taken a course at ProDive, but do not have first-hand experience with the other two. I would appreciate any information on other PADI CDC's as well as first-hand experiences with the CDC's mentioned above.

Thank you for your help.

If you are looking at Thailand, you should also be checking us at Aquanauts. We offer three different internship programs all based around the same quality training that has resulted in AQUANAUTS having the best PADI Instructor Exam pass rate in Central Thailand. In fact, our students have a 100% pass rate since June 2007, something the other Thaialnd center on your list does not.

We offer our all-incsluvie, full-featured Aquanuts Complete internship, which is as much as $1,200 less than Mermaid's; our new budget-priced Aquanauts Value internship, which is $4,000 less than Mermaid's, and our "pay as you go" Aquanauts 4-Step pacakge.

Details and exact prices on all are at the link below.

Also, be aware that Neptunes, on your list, is not a 5-Star Career Development Center.

I used to work for Mermaids CDC in Pattaya - however I do not advertise any of my employers, both past and present, publicly in the forum. Please PM me for details if you wish.

Cheers

C.

THIS was the thread I needed: Please Help. I have glued myself to a desk to sit and study until I am done with the CPA exam, ~1,000 hours over ~8-10 months. I hope to be completed with all 4 exams May 31st, and would like to advance my certification to RESCUE DIVER in June/July, and then do my dive master certification in OCT/NOV. But I can't find ANYWHERE where people rate their instructors/course/experiences! how do I book this trip without knowing what I am getting into with w/ each outfitter? I am PADI advanced open water ~50-100 dives over 15 years.

how do I book this trip without knowing what I am getting into with w/ each outfitter.

The best way is to simply come here, meet us, talk to our customers and decide for yourself. Same with other centers.

If you simply want to start with the Rescue course, it's not a huge undertaking. 4 days (if you also need to do EFR). Come diving with us for a day, see how things work then decide. IF you like the Rescue course, sign up for DM. It's pretty much that easy.

Tell us your Scubaboard nickname when you book and you get 10% off courses and diving.

Back
Top Bottom