PADI Beyond Master Scuba Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No. That's just mashing together of couple of things off the internet, fiddling with it to make it work, adding a bit of text, and then adding an effect to the whole thing. If I were going to do something for commercial purposes, it would have to be all original, I reckon.

And, there's sort of a joke built into it, although I'm guessing the humorless won't appreciate it if anyone notices.
Better skills than me.

No. That's just mashing together of couple of things off the internet, fiddling with it to make it work, adding a bit of text, and then adding an effect to the whole thing. If I were going to do something for commercial purposes, it would have to be all original, I reckon.

And, there's sort of a joke built into it, although I'm guessing the humorless won't appreciate it if anyone notices.
You can't leave us hanging! I'm going crosseyed looking, but just can't find it. Maybe I'm just too stoopid :(.

Their trim looks like a seahorse?

Sorry. It's a US Navy Master Diver insignia with the PADI logo replacing the hard hat in the middle.
440px-Logo_of_PADI.svg.png

Poor flutter kick technique and flailing arms. Well, at least they deliver what they promise. :wink:

I just found out that one dive center is offering PADI Beyond Master Scuba Diver program. You can achieve 5 stars according to this program. This is extract from their website:

"As a PADI Master Scuba Diver, you are recognized for having earned all of the core certifications in the PADI curriculum, completed 5 PADI specialty courses and logged 50 dives. Once you have completed the basic Master Scuba Diver rating, you are eligible to earn one of five "Star" ratings.

• Two Star Master Scuba Diver: Complete 10 PADI Specialties with 25 additional open water dives (75 minimum).
  • Three Star Master Scuba Diver: Complete 15 PADI Specialties with 25 additional open water dives (100 minimum).
  • Four Star Master Scuba Diver: Complete 20 PADI Specialties with 25 additional open water dives (125 minimum).
  • Five Star Master Scuba Diver Tech Diver: Complete 20 PADI Specialties, TEC 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50 with 25 additional open water dives (150 minimum)"
I searched official PADI website and did not find any information about this and contacted this dive center to find out whether this is official PADI rating or just simple marketing gimmick :) They told that "We originally wanted to apply for it to be a distinctive specialty for our store. However, PADI liked the idea enough, they wanted us to test it out as a continuation of their Master Scuba Diver Program"

So, what is your view to this program? :)
This Star programme would only be feasible if the required number of dives were doubled and the number of Specialties halved.

I just found out that one dive center is offering PADI Beyond Master Scuba Diver program. You can achieve 5 stars according to this program. This is extract from their website:

"As a PADI Master Scuba Diver, you are recognized for having earned all of the core certifications in the PADI curriculum, completed 5 PADI specialty courses and logged 50 dives. Once you have completed the basic Master Scuba Diver rating, you are eligible to earn one of five "Star" ratings.

• Two Star Master Scuba Diver: Complete 10 PADI Specialties with 25 additional open water dives (75 minimum).
  • Three Star Master Scuba Diver: Complete 15 PADI Specialties with 25 additional open water dives (100 minimum).
  • Four Star Master Scuba Diver: Complete 20 PADI Specialties with 25 additional open water dives (125 minimum).
  • Five Star Master Scuba Diver Tech Diver: Complete 20 PADI Specialties, TEC 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50 with 25 additional open water dives (150 minimum)"
I searched official PADI website and did not find any information about this and contacted this dive center to find out whether this is official PADI rating or just simple marketing gimmick :) They told that "We originally wanted to apply for it to be a distinctive specialty for our store. However, PADI liked the idea enough, they wanted us to test it out as a continuation of their Master Scuba Diver Program"

So, what is your view to this program? :)
The MSD rating is a recreational so I dont see why the 5th star would ask for tech.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom