PADI AOW in 3 dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaHound

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
If I do a wreck dive at 100 ft and experience some drift, would that one dive be counted as a WRECK, DRIFT and DEEP dive or do you have to do 5 separate dives to get your Open Water card?

If I do a wreck dive at 100 ft and experience some drift, would that one dive be counted as a WRECK, DRIFT and DEEP dive or do you have to do 5 separate dives to get your Open Water card?

Nice try. You have to do 5 dives. :no

how about you do it at night and while practicing your buoyancy? all in ONE dive!

just kidding! :no

Like [user]wedivebc[/user] said, you need to do 5 separate dives. Nothing can be combined.

Blackmail him. Tell him you want the whole AOW class for free. In exchange, you won't report him to his agency.

Sound's to me like get your money back and get a REAL Instructor!!:11:

Agreed 100%. What are you going to get out of short-cuts to an already watered down course?
If you want a piece of plastic way cheaper to just print you own.

And if some scuba instructor is trying to save money on boat rides by doing what I said above what should be done to him?

PADI has a quality control section that handles reports of standards violations. You should tell them.

Are you asking this because you WANT to do this? Or because that's how the course was presented to you? (looking at it from aother angle)

To me doing 2 less dives is: doing two LESS dives!

Call PADI (800.SAY.PADI) and explain what the instructor is trying to do. It would help to have another party (another student perhaps?) back up your claim. Then it won't be a your-word-against-his deal.

Be sure to have as much information as possible. Full name and PADI number if you can.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom