Packing regulators for traveling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a padded reg bag that I carry my reg and computer in. I leave it fully assembled. We then stick mine and my wife's regs in a backpack and carry them on.

We always take them out (like a laptop) going through security because the TSA guy will make you take it out anyway when they see it under the X-Ray?

Personally I won't check my regs due to worry about loss. Both my wife and I have gotten sick from breathing rental regs in the Caribbean so I want to know mine are going to make it.

I pack my regs/computer and laptop in a double reg bag and all other gear but, fins go into a carry on bag with a pair of shorts,shirt and all my clothes and fins get checked.

I prefer too use all my own gear and this works for me, the TSA agents in Iowa gave me the once over the first couple times but, as my wife works for Delta I travel a bit too dive and now they are used too me.....

Thank you!, feels good to know there are other diving fans around. Since is not a sport for the crowds.
see you have been to Honduras, that's where I'm from.
Check out Utila (if you havent), is the smaller of the Honduran Bay Islands.
have Great Turkey day!

Never take them apart! Do you disassemble your laptop?
Only concern is to make sure not to kink the hoses when you pack them. Carry on or baggage is your choice. Often a good idea to gice some kind of wrap protection - towel, wetsuit, underwear, ...

ccgutier,

Hello neighbor and welcome to the board.

I will check my reg sometimes, depending on where I am flying, but not that often. Computer goes in the carry-on.

vanessar

Lots of echoes throughout the thread.... My gear is so old that I carry the regs and computer in a padded bag on my way to the destination, but check it coming home. I don't think I have ever had TSA go through a dirty, wet and smelly gear bag!

I'm pretty paranoid about some of my stuff. I'll pack exposure suit, BCD, fins, mask all that in my checked in luggage, but by reg and my computer go in my carry-on, so that's what I'd suggest. Be prepared to show the nice people by the X-ray machine what the strange hoses in your bag is, though.

And I would definitely keep the reg assembled. Generally, I keep mine assembled at all times, except for service and when I remove or connect my dry suit hose when I switch to or from dry suit. Taking it apart raises the risk of getting dirt, etc. in the first stage, so don't take it apart unless for a good reason.

Lots of echoes throughout the thread.... My gear is so old that I carry the regs and computer in a padded bag on my way to the destination, but check it coming home. I don't think I have ever had TSA go through a dirty, wet and smelly gear bag!

I had a note from TSA in my gear bag when I got back from Coz a few weeks ago - I pity the poor sod who had to pick through my stuff. Dirty socks & smelly booties.....

I carry on my regs, computer, camera & housing - they fit nicely in the carry on size luggage and I know where they are. So far TSA & their Canadian counterparts have shown more interest in swabbing my laptop - haven't even been asked to open the luggage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom