packing peanuts, care for any?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bruce3

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
ok i work at a dive shop which ships out large quantities of orders and im usually the one doing the shipping. well i got accused of wasting time by putting packing peanuts in a box thats twice the size of fins that were in it. this really made me mad because this tells me that my manager doesnt care if things get broken while in transit as long as they get out the door. so do you think putting packing peanuts in this case was over kill? or what gear would use peanuts on?

I probably would not use them on fins. You can cut the box size down with an Exacto Knife to fit the fins.

I HATE those frikkin things. They go everywhere when you open the box. I like bubble wrap and the baggies or air. I save them when I get them along with some of the boxes so I always have close to the right size for sending stuff. Wadded up newspaper does the trick too and people like to see print from other places even though it does not look quite so pro....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom