Packing gear for the spatially challenged

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seaangel

Reaction score
Well, it is now come time to pack my gear for our trip on Monday. It is not the first time I have packed my gear but it seems like it is harder than ever. I thought that I had trimmed down to make it better but it seems not now that I have it all set out. I have my dive gear plus my husbands booties, mask, snorkel and fins. But my mesh bag now filled won't fit into the Akona bag that I have been using. Is it me or does dive gear swell between trips? I have the same amount of gear, BC, mask, fins, booties, gloves, a short 3mm wet suit, a full 3m and skins. What is taking up so much room? Should I ditch one of the wet suits? I am going to be diving in Mexico, off Playa del Carmen.:confused:

I would not dump the wetsuits. Western Carribean waters in February are certainly comfortable, but I would hardly say it that it'll be hot. Most February divers in this area wear more than just a diveskin.

Thanks, for the advice. I am thinking I just need to repack and try to better organize the gear into the bag. I know it fits. I have had it all in there before. actually more. I have changed to a new mesh duffle bag, to replace my other bag which was a backpack they are both about the same size. However, I have not always put my wet suits in them, I have packed them separtately. I will look at that today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom