PacketSniffer - Richard Mork Passes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

very, very sad.

He was very proud of his young children

Thanks for posting these images

I talked to Richard quite a bit when he first joined here, mostly about the benefits of diving a BPW set up. As was in the post earlier, he had just returned from working in the middle east, and somehow I had gotten stuck teaching Middle school Social Studies (definatly not my field), Richard kindly sent me hundreds of pictures he took while he was over seas for me to use in my classes, it was very cool to be able to show my students the stark contrasts between the pictures in their book and what life was really like in some of those countries. Later he was very helpful to me with numerous computer issues I was having.
A great guy, I only regret we never met in person.

I can't even come up with the words to express both my shock and sadness concerning Richard's passing. He was a friend who was so very passionate about diving and truly a great guy. Deepest sympathy to his family and friends. He is greatly missed.

Richard was a good friend of mine for several years now.....I remember how excited he was when he told me his decision to go to a CCR unit---like a kid! He was a wonderful diver and great fellow.....I am proud to have had the oppt. to buddy up with him several times for fresh and salt water dives. He is missed.

I was Richards Dive buddy when he passed away on Friday.

I am gonig to cut and past my post from TDS for the folks that don't frequent that board.

Also, I am trying to put together a CD of pictures/videos, etc. of Richards diving, preparing to dive, whatever. If you have any you'd like to share, please e-mail them to me at dan at Weyant.net

I will compile them on a CD and make sure they get to his parents.

-Dan Weyant

Mod's Note: The subsequent post has been moved to our Accidents and Incidents Forum as a part of the Packetsniffer / Jackson Blue Thread and can be read right here! Thanks! NetDoc

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Dan for your detailed report - we really appreciate it.

If you or others have information on a contact name with NEDU, please pass the information on to us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dan, I am impressed that you performed so well and very sad for your loss.

You really kept it together. I hope you can get the answers you must have.

Dan, that must have been very hard to write. My sincere condolences.

just still cannot comprehend :depressed:
we used to dive together whenever he came to the mideast; really shocked of these news.
to my grief, I have lost a buddy!:shakehead:

Dan, we appreciate your strength. Thank you for honoring the way Richard would want you to handle this.

He had so many friends. Been talking to some mutual friends, trying to make some sense of things... and we've come to realize that he made everyone feel like they were his close friend. His heart was that big, it could fit everyone. He would randomly text so many people whether it was waiting for a flight, getting off of a rollercoaster, or just the long drive from OK to TX. All with some snippet to make you laugh, think, or just stay connected. I can just see him now, phone out, looking at his HUGE list of friends "who should I say hey to today?""

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom