Pacific Northwest Divers, add your favorite dive spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Bud Check out Deep Sea Charters in Anacortes. They have reasonable prices and if you have enough people you can getthe whole boat for a Dive extravaganza. Since they are the gateway to the San Juans they can help you find operations as far north as you want to go.They are on the net at http://www.deepseacruise.com
Good Diving to you "Clampinator"

Clear Lake, OR is beautiful. 300 yr old submerged oldgrowth, an old rowboat, underwater cold vents, and ~40deg water with regular 200 ft vis makes this a don't miss.

Crab Hole, outside of Waldport, OR has some murky but glorius crabbing as well as quite a bit of night life.

Seattle, WA Edmonds oil dock is fun because of the numerous ratfish under the pier. These funny looking little buggers are usually found much deeper.

Redondo Beach in the Federal Way area is one of the easiest entries, no current, moderate depth, a ton of stuff to look at including several boats and a VW bug. It is much better as a night dive, but it is still worth doing as a day dive. There are actually two different dive profiles you can do which will take you to different places so it is great for a two tank dive. Lots of red octos out at night, the occasional spiny lumpsucker, lots of sailfin scuplins, usually at least one GPO in one of the boats, lots of gunnels, lots of cool stuff. Did I mention the easy entry and lots of "stuff" to look at?

Free parking is limited but the pay parking is inexpensive and is near the boat washdown area which is great for rinsing off the gear. There are bathroom facilities and an outside shower in the summer months.

There are several quality dive maps availble of the site including one that I have modified. If you are interested, pm me and I will send it to you.

Tim

i like to not only dive in mukeltio but at edmonds. edmonds has an underwater play ground to work on your bouyancy. it also has many types of fish like cabazone, rat fish and more. great shore dive

Hall Lake in Lake Side,OR we found some pretty good stuff.

Crab Hole, North Jetty, Florence, Tides can be a hassle but it has some good sized crab and clams.

Winchester Bay, OR its a oyster farm and its completly enclosedby some huge boulders. great dive lots of fish.

Netarts Bay, OR Lots of life, great night dive, easy entry just watchout for boaters.

Heather

Up until last weekend, Keystone Jetty would have been my pick, but I had such a fabulous time at Titlow Marine Sanctuary on Saturday that I have to say something about it. A shallow dive, so NDLs aren't a big concern and your air lasts forever (or your nitrox, depending :) ), it has the most amazing concentration of plumose anemones I have seen to date. We also saw a profusion of small nudibranchs of a variety of species, as well as sculpins, decorator crabs, the usual variety of fish, etc. The dive was 78 minutes long, and if you know me and how cold I get, you know how much fun I had to be having to stay down that long!

The site is current sensitive and must be done at slack. It's described in the Northwest Shore Dives book.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom