Pacific Northwest Divers, add your favorite dive spots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishlips_1

Reaction score
Waldo Lake in Central Oregon has some of the clearest water in the world. With depths that go beyond the recreational diving limits. Also, the dive is figured as a 6000' dive. With all these factors, Waldo lake is a beautiful and challenging dive.

Mukileto WA is the spot, :D
home port for me, and if you've got legs, you can dive anytime during the exchange. There are three different spots, two on the north side of the ferry, and one on the south side which is current sensitive. Silt up is very low compared to Alki, and anytime it's been bad.. it's alway been good below 40ft. Things float in and out all the time. Such things include trees... which are gone now, telephone pole, satelite dish with misc debris, planting pot assemblies in different places.. lot's of life, road sighn, a sunken skiff...at 125 which I've not seen yet, lots of shrimp at night, and crab everywhere anytime... mostly redrock, big fish at 120 or deeper, a 'john' if you feel you cant hold it, the front of an old corvett, and a memorial for a fellow diver, about 45ft. The most life is usually north of the old T-Dock about 100 yards, at 30ft in the kelp. There is a cage on the south side of the oil dock around 40 feet. At these sites you can go as deep as you want.

I was hoping to fond some good recommendations of boats that service the San Juan Islands for weekend dive trips - single day is preferred, but I'm flexible

I've never been diving at this spot but I like to snorkel at Hope Island State Park just a short boat ride from Boston Harbor near Olympia, Wa 104 acre island with beach all around.

RSdiver:
I was hoping to fond some good recommendations of boats that service the San Juan Islands for weekend dive trips - single day is preferred, but I'm flexible
This is the one you want ...

http://www.deepseacruise.com/

... I'll be out with them on Friday and Saturday, in fact.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Keystone Ferry Jetty on Whidbey Island, Washington. Located in the Puget Sound, south of Coupeville Washington. Great drift dive with lots of sea anemones to ponder as you drift by. Almost like flying through the clouds. Dive the ebb tide as the currents can be severe. You will see octopus and cabezon fish as well as perch- mussels etc... All the critters from the Sound are there. Local dive shop in Oak Harbor Washington 15 miles from dive site to the north. Check it out if you're up that way, it is a most worthy dive. "Clampinator"

Check out Dive shops in Anacortes as they are close and will know what is available as far as Dive Boats in that area.Just South of Anacotes by Deception Pass there is a beach called Rosario Beach it is a pretty good dive but no dive boats I know of. Later

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom