P-Valve Catheter Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You sure are scoring some big points with the ladies. Wife over your shoulder? :wink:

Wife is 2000 miles away on an extended business trip and does not read SB, nothing to score on.......

Still maintain its not a big deal to pull off, unless maybe your parts are undersized and structurally weak.:D

Wife is 2000 miles away on an extended business trip and does not read SB, nothing to score on.......

Still maintain its not a big deal to pull off, unless maybe your parts are undersized and structurally weak.:D

I was going to call you a ball-buster but now I am not so sure that phrase fits anymore.:rofl3:

OK update for the P-Valve users. I switched to the larger size catheter (I was in between sizes) and it fits much better with less constriction. I was worried it would be too loose but that worked out. Anyway, it is now easier to remove but the glue starts at the head and I wish the glue started back at the shaft. This makes the removal much more difficult once you work your way up.

I can't believe I am talking about this but this is part of diving so oh well. Anyway, i am thinking about using a very small amount of lotion or oil just on the head so that the glue does not stick to it. Does anyone use this method and if you do, are you willing to share in this public forum?

thanks.

You could use Remove pads. That is what I use to get the glue off my cath. I am female, but I don't see why it would make a difference if you are just trying to get glue off.

Or just the alcohol that's on the pads. It's cheap and is the solvent for the adhesive. And, oh yeah, leaves you feeling minty fresh and ready to take on the world.

I used to try the soap in the shower but most of the time now it's completely off even before I get a foot in the shower. Perhaps just continued exposure to donning/doffing desensitizes you after twenty or more dives with it.

I do agree that multi-day exposures are more painful if any of the adhesive remains, though. Otherwise, just pull away!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom