Oxygen Boosting Safety

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I edited post to be a bit more robust as you were quoting it, but yeah it's not cheap/small/easy.
$700 for a 3000psi solenoid valve and the digital pressure switches are about $300.

Can't help regarding the pressure switch much. Maybe a transducer talking to an Arduino could offer what you want for less. But the high pressure solenoid can be swapped out for a regular solenoid (or maybe even a motorized ball valve) shutting off the drive gas. No drive gas, no boosting. Not shutting off the high pressure oxygen.

Nice... I believe I have 2 of those actually. One is built into a panel, but the other hasn't been used yet. Picked up a few bank bottles and it came with a bunch of stuff. I've just been so busy haven't even looked at it all yet.
If it is built into a panel, that is probably exactly what you have. They are handy for many purposes. I used to have a box of them, I sold several a month or so ago.

congratulations! I'm actually heading to Lynchburg on Sunday to pick up a compressor.
What did you get?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom