OW Final Exam This Weekend!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Of course my goal is to get 100% that's why I've studied over and over until I don't get anything wrong PLUS will study everyday.

My life comes first which I will need to absorb everything from the book and what I've learned in class.

I'll/we will never stop learning, every dived is new experience for us.

Rather than know what the bare minimum is to pass, and hoping to better, why not strive for 100% and understand you might fall a bit short?

The test doesn't stop when you are handed your C-Card.

And at 100 feet below the surface, the difference between 75% and 100% could mean more than just a failing grade.

This isn't Social Studies 101 you know...

Greetings bbdqsony and it sounds as though you are studying very well. It is a good idea to get plenty of sleep and TAKE YOUR TIME! Read the entire question and all the answers very carefully DO NOT HURRY! RELAX AND LET IT FLOW! All will go well.
The test is pretty straight forward and good prepared students are always welcomed by the instructor administrating the test. I have assisted on many of these occasions and it is fun to see the different students take the test.
Good luck and please give us your feed back of what you think of the exam.
CamG Keep diving....keep training....keep learning!

You're going to do great.

One thing to remember: There are NO TRICK QUESTIONS. There are, however, a few strangely worded ones. Go with the easy, common meaning of words. None of the questions turn on unusual situations that might be within an expansive interpretation of the words used.

Best wishes...you're going to rock the exam, don't worry! Please report back on the Conch forum when you're certified to join us for a dive!

guess your taking padi OW? there is one question that most people get wrong or just guess, as its only very briefly mentioned in the dvd and instructor may not mention as usually all dive shops only use one type of tank valve. the question asks about DIN and yoke valves? do you know the difference, reasons etc????

IF you can answer the questions in the Knowledge Reviews and chapter quizzes, then you can pass the exam. Essentially, most of the questions are the same (maybe slightly re-worded).

Make sure you understand the gas laws, with respect to pressure, volume and depth. (i.e. what happens to a given volume of air in an open/closed container if you move it deeper or shallower).

There are a few questions that are not well covered in the quizzes....

1. Make sure you understand the difference between a DIN and Yoke valve.
2. Make sure you understand what happens to neoprene (wetsuit rubber) as you descend and how that affects the properties of your wetsuit.

Lastly, make sure you read the questions thoroughly. Sometimes I think PADI are more concerned with your ability to read/understand the question, than your mastery of the required knowledge. Many students lose a few marks simply by misunderstanding the question.

Back
Top Bottom