OW Courses in Ottawa?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CDN ff

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone reccomend a decent dive centre for a basic OW course around Ottawa? I have a relative that wants to do her basic cert, and I'm trying to help her get pointed in the right direction... any help would be appreciated!!

CDN ff:
Can anyone reccomend a decent dive centre for a basic OW course around Ottawa? I have a relative that wants to do her basic cert, and I'm trying to help her get pointed in the right direction... any help would be appreciated!!

My first choice in Ottawa would be Dolphino's on Richmond Road. 613-761-7678 Please PM if you want
any details. Cheers,
UM

Yup. I'm with UM.... definitly Dolphino's

Sharky's Scuba...... They're a great bunch....

PM me if you wish...

Heya

About the shops in Ottawa......

Sharkey's is ok

Dolphino's is run by some of sharkey's old staff (the guys that did my OW/AOW) A great bunch of folks running a great shop imho. They took the good things from Sharkeys and made it better!

I have some not so nice things to say about other shops, but I'll keep them to myself....

Never been to Burtons or Divers warehouse though - and if they're willing to venture a bit - Tom R runs a great shop out of Kingston - I'm sure their education stuff is just as good.

Good luck where ever you go!

CDN ff:

regardless of where you go and what agency your looking at have a look at the instructor first then the store. There are a couple of good instructors in Ottawa, Kanata has a few of them, as well as Burtons. Another good place to look is the Forces Sub Aqua club, Mark Labelle on the board should be able to help you there.

Check out Divers Warehouse. They use to be in Kanata or Nepean, Laurie and Robyn are the owners

Back
Top Bottom