Over Hauling / Bauer Poseidon 200

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

After 2 years of operation, I need to overhaul my bauer compressor Poseidon 200. Could anyone please tell me if it is a normal procedure to replace both :

- BAUER-VALVE REED-1ST STAGE-M250-PE200
- BAUER-PISTON-SLEEVE-ASSEMBLY-M2-250

Many other spare parts are to be replaced for a total amount for the overhauling after 2 years of operation which is 1 600 USD (excluding the labor fee). I find it a little bit expensive considering the purchase price of the compressor which was around 7 500 euros in 2008.

Can someone help me on that ? Give me some advise ? Thank you

Paldive

How many running hours would you say are on this machine? Typically, the reed valve has more life in it that the valves on other stages. This is because it experiences less heat and work load. As to the final piston/sleeve...its common for this to wear.

Try comparing prices at New Parts - Hi-Psi Compressor Parts (we are running a 20%-OFF special on LinkedIn.com and would be happy to extend the same offer here on ScubaBoard.com. THis is an introductory one time offer for first time customers)

Back
Top Bottom