Our local reefs.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chip104:
hey, that's alright for your first attempt. I've heard horror stories of grad students and reserachers here and abroad of having their entire transplant community die!

I'll try look for some papers on transplantation techniques when I'm at the institute today.

Maybe because they were kept in the same general area where they grew. No shocks due to abrupt environmental changes, salinity, lighting, etc.

I have an amateur pic at: www.geocities.com/punzalane/puro01Nov2003_coralbed

Also, these reeflets have been attracting fish and mollusks (especially spider conchs).
www.geocities.com/punzalane/puro_reeflets_01nov2003_2.jpg
www.geocities.com/punzalane/puro_reeflets_01nov2003.jpg

:)

solanabezo:
We did the diving survey there before it was bought from the Aguinaldo's. After it was bought, we did the cleaning up the whole frontage of trash and junk. You would be surprised what things we found. Things like telephones, airdonditioners, all the oyster cages and of course we discovered that there 2 wrecks in the front. That was in 1980?

ahh oki...airconditioners? ibang klase din mga tao dun no :D

did you guys hear.... the LGU would be banning divers in several dive spots in anilao !!!!

Solanabezo has some info on this i would suppose..... :06:

Twin Rocks, Arthur's and Cathedral. There is a hearing on Dec. 20 to amend the Municipal Ordinance (06-93). I am confuse though on whether the MO is an existing one that seeks to be amended or newly passed and seeks to be amended. If the MO number reflects the date it was passed and approved then it could be an old MO, 06 '93.

Axua:
Twin Rocks, Arthur's and Cathedral. There is a hearing on Dec. 20 to amend the Municipal Ordinance (06-93). I am confuse though on whether the MO is an existing one that seeks to be amended or newly passed and seeks to be amended. If the MO number reflects the date it was passed and approved then it could be an old MO, 06 '93.

ouch!

Axua:
i'm all for a temporary closing IF it's going to contribute to reef rehab and giving the site a rest from all the action...

then again i don't know what you guys think... i like twin rocks and cathedral :biggrin:

Jag

Axua:
do you know if fishing be permitted in these sites as well?

Back
Top Bottom