Our local reefs.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cool. We bought these buoys from the states and they are really nice. My fear is theft. Okay, I'll wait to hear from you on the buoy info. The benefit of bringing the resorts into compliance far out weighs the cost. I hope you guys can get PG in line too. Glad to see folks get in compliance with the law.

theft hahahahha here is one

a boat anchored at night , some waves . next morning boat is gone.

a few hours passed it's in the other side of the island. Stroy : a fisher man found it out in the sea. before you get it back, you have to pay the fisherman "that found it", not just a reward, a price demanded by the fisherman.

another story :

buoy set in steel cables.

fisher men arrive, notice the buoy is in the way of their nets.

next day, nitght time, buoy line cut .

after few days , we found a buoy at ses, who wants to buy it ? ........

and no i am not a pessimist. i deal with realities.... hehehehhhe BWAHAHAHAHHAHA

from the movie Few good men : "truth? you can't handle the truth..."

:D

........pretty darn obvious when it is labeled with resort markings and steel cabled.......reality is training the local populace and creating an environment of understanding from the community.

What we are doing here in Mabini, is we are compiling all our ECC's together which will submit it bulk. This will ensure that the cost for inspection, processing, etc will be lowered and divided among the resort owners based on either square meter or number of rooms. Probably in your case this might be possible as I understand you are the only resort in the area?

Yes, we are having our corporate attorneys handle the filing end of the IEE. The new regulations concerning the EIS/IEE makes it a little simpler. We fall into the 20 room or less category and will be processing the IEE (in lieu of the EIS) through our DENR-EMB-RO. The laws have been on the books since 1981. Since the writing of LOI No. 1179 in conjunction with Presidential Decree No. 1586, the EIS has been in place to cover our industry. I am amazed at the lack of enforcement. The environmental damage that the Resorts have caused with effluent is almost not repairable. I hope you get the corrections implemented in short order. BTW, still waiting to hear from the PCSSD/DOT.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom