Our local reefs.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paolov:
good luck to the end result of the amendment with a flawed regulation..... implementation ..... ha, i never saw any trainings for the people to enforce the supposedly plan to protect the reef.

What is the result of the meetings/discussions??? We are looking forward to seeing the PCSSD take total control of the industry....at least we'll have someone that understands the business and the revenue it brings to the Philippines.

Also....I hear some sites in the Philippines are now closed for night diving (SCUBA DIVING!). Any word on this myth?

We explored the reef off Bignay, Sariaya (Quezon Prov) over the weekend....
Tanks were brought from Manila, sponsored by Ralph Espino (dive buddies) as there are no dive resorts there .... Sadly, not much left of the hard corals...largely bacause of anchor droppings and draggings.

There were interesting rock formations at 45 ft and beyond worth coming back to.

Vase sponges were in good shape though.

Evidence of dynamite fishing was obvious. One blast we heard while underwater but we were told later it was from far away i.e. San Juan, Batangas. Possibly so.

Visibility was poor and the water was choppy so we cut the dive short.... but will explore further sometime soon.

The best part was the grilled capiz feast during the SI. Yummy! :)

I can't find the link to the "Environmental Laws" site. HELP!!! I had a link to a site that had all of the DENR laws, BFAR, etc. We need to verify the foreshore and buffer zone measurements to establish the edge of construction for an ECC.

Babydamulag:
Also....I hear some sites in the Philippines are now closed for night diving (SCUBA DIVING!). Any word on this myth?

I believe some divesites in Dauin or (was it Malatapay) are closed for diving

Babydamulag:
I can't find the link to the "Environmental Laws" site. HELP!!! I had a link to a site that had all of the DENR laws, BFAR, etc. We need to verify the foreshore and buffer zone measurements to establish the edge of construction for an ECC.

is this what you are looking for? this link

i scrolled.... and found that....

Nope...that is not it....the website has a comprehensive list of environmental laws....it is a large list

Back
Top Bottom