OThree drysuit and undersuit advice ... ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes sure, but my impressions wont be worth much, only having under 30 dives and not really worn a drysuit before other than the club ones. One is for me and the other is for my friend who is a girl. Customer service so far on the phone over a few calls has been absolutely superb. ;-)

An impression is an impression regardless of dive count. Any comments on quality and service are useful. I'm looking forward to reading your future post. Cheers.

Last edited:
Thanx for the advice. I called them and put the deposit down for 2 suits, guaranteeing me a workshop date of 13th october. Should be with me by 14th, so I can get 2 pool dives in before going to the Farne Islands on 31st |October ... Going down to Dorset to the shop to get measured up for an off the peg alteration on Saturday. :)

#
you will love the farnes!! just got back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBZpyzNdD9s

we went out with graeme on the moby. excellent boat captain, will use him again.

#
you will love the farnes!! just got back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBZpyzNdD9s

we went out with graeme on the moby. excellent boat captain, will use him again.

Lovely video. Great stuff. Looks like you weren't in the kelp ... ??? What depth were you at please ... ??? I've been told not to go much deeper than ten meters and just to wait in the kelp and they will find you. Never been there before but really looking forward to it, especially as we got measured up for oour OThree drysuits on Saturday at the shop in Portland. :)

we saw loads at 20m. plus, went in the gullies at the hopper. amazing dive, you could do it shallow but be careful as we were there when it was flat calm, which i've be told is very rare.

who are you diving with? do a good weight check if you wanna stay shallow, new suit, shallow dives, rolling seas.....

we saw loads at 20m. plus, went in the gullies at the hopper. amazing dive, you could do it shallow but be careful as we were there when it was flat calm, which i've be told is very rare.

who are you diving with? do a good weight check if you wanna stay shallow, new suit, shallow dives, rolling seas.....

I am going with Orca Diving in Basildon. Don't know which boat etc yet.

I am going with Orca Diving in Basildon. Don't know which boat etc yet.

well i know this is sb sacrilege but over weight yourself for your first dives in a drysuit as it takes getting used to.

They have good suits and are widely used in the UK. In terms of durability the only problem I have seen was that some mesh pockets start to get holes. Not sure if they are still in use or if other pockets can be chosen.
But everyone I knew had the compressed Ri suit and the only one I knew that bought the MSF didn't like it. 5mm will have a large effect on buoyancy.
Many people are happy with Seaskin, although I think most have the trilam Nova. But they also make a MTM compressed neoprene suit.
As far as service goes, O'Three are impeccable.

Back
Top Bottom