OThree drysuit and undersuit advice ... ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carpster61

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all ... :)

I have decided to get my first drysuit, and I am going down to the OThree shop in England to be measured up next weekend for the Othree MSF 500tb drysuit and the PBB+ underlayer. Just over £900 in cost. read a lot of reviews and they seem great, but can find very little about them on SCUBABOARD, which I usually rely on for reviews of anything I buy.
I guess this is because OThree are an English company and most of you lot haven't heard of them due to not being in England ... ???
Can anybody tell me of their experiences using OThree suits please ... ??? As I said i have searched on here and found very little info.
Thanx ... :)

Sometimes I am on a boat with 8 out of 12 wearing O3 suits. The ones complaining about wet arms etc are always part of the remaining 4.

Do consider the implications of a neoprene suit though. If twinset shutdowns are in your near future the 500 might not be the best choice.

Thanx for that advice. I don't know what a twin set shut down is i'm afraid. I have only had about 30 dives in Uk. Qualified to AOW and drysuit speciality. I only plan to do basic recreational diving with one tank.

Hi all ... :)

I have decided to get my first drysuit, and I am going down to the OThree shop in England to be measured up next weekend for the Othree MSF 500tb drysuit and the PBB+ underlayer. Just over £900 in cost. read a lot of reviews and they seem great, but can find very little about them on SCUBABOARD, which I usually rely on for reviews of anything I buy.
I guess this is because OThree are an English company and most of you lot haven't heard of them due to not being in England ... ???
Can anybody tell me of their experiences using OThree suits please ... ??? As I said i have searched on here and found very little info.
Thanx ... :)

PM Doppler, he's a member of this board and very knowledgable about O'Three suits, a very nice guy also.

---------- Post added September 20th, 2015 at 06:51 PM ----------

FWIW, I spoke with them once when was considering one of their suits, they seemed like good people.

Thanx for that advice. I don't know what a twin set shut down is i'm afraid. I have only had about 30 dives in Uk. Qualified to AOW and drysuit speciality. I only plan to do basic recreational diving with one tank.

Then that suit is perfect.

A shutdown involves reaching back and turning cylinder valves off and on. It is used to control gas loss with a free flow or other such failures. Your suit can make that harder.

I have a Ri1 100 front entry for that reason.

Thanx for the advice. I called them and put the deposit down for 2 suits, guaranteeing me a workshop date of 13th october. Should be with me by 14th, so I can get 2 pool dives in before going to the Farne Islands on 31st |October ... Going down to Dorset to the shop to get measured up for an off the peg alteration on Saturday. :)

Thanx for the advice. I called them and put the deposit down for 2 suits, guaranteeing me a workshop date of 13th october. Should be with me by 14th, so I can get 2 pool dives in before going to the Farne Islands on 31st |October ... Going down to Dorset to the shop to get measured up for an off the peg alteration on Saturday. :)

Post back when you get your suits please, I'm interested in your impressions. My next suit will likely be an O'Three. Cheers.

Yes sure, but my impressions wont be worth much, only having under 30 dives and not really worn a drysuit before other than the club ones. One is for me and the other is for my friend who is a girl. Customer service so far on the phone over a few calls has been absolutely superb. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom