Orlando UNTIED Meet-N-Greet!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafool:
Untied2.jpg

looks like I signed up for the boards a couple days too late to make this meet-in-greet..just moved to orlando in january and will finally have my ceritifcation in a couple weeks :)

NitroWill:
looks like I signed up for the boards a couple days too late to make this meet-in-greet..just moved to orlando in january and will finally have my ceritifcation in a couple weeks :)
Excellent! Then, you will be surprised by the rock and turtle in the springs!

Welcome to your new lifestyle!

my wife and I will be in Orlando area March 2008 for her daughter's wedding
what are the diving opportunities, we've never dove Florida, but can't wait to do it

The closest "dive" is the aquarium dive at Epcot. I have never done it, but those who have seem to really like it.

There is Blue Springs about 45 minutes north of Orlando, with OW depths to 60' down in the spring vent, and a short but pretty drift back down the spring run. About an hour or so from Orlando is Alexander Spring, which is much shallower at 25'. Visibility can be exceptional in either, but Alexander tends to get silted out if there are a lot of divers in the boil.

There is a charter that runs out of the Daytona Beach area by the name of SeaDogs. They are a spear diving oriented operation, but have no problem with non-hunters. I enjoyed the trip that I took with them.

About 2 hours south and west is Tampa, with a healthy collection of SB'ers there.

About 3 hours south is Jupiter/West Palm, with some really nice ocean diving, and it gets better the further south that you go.

CoolTech:
Excellent! Then, you will be surprised by the rock and turtle in the springs!

Welcome to your new lifestyle!

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom