Orlando Daytona Beach Diving - Saturday, March 3, 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrose

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm heading to Orlando for a conference in March and will have one day free to dive on Saturday, March 3. I'd like to get a few dives in and have emailed 10+ dive shops and only received one reply (referring me back to one of the shops that didn't reply).

Does anyone have recommendations for a dive shop in the area that I could dive with? I'd just head for Devil's Den or Blue Grotto, but I don't have a dive buddy. I've looked around Orlando and Daytona Beach, but would be game for anything within a reasonable driving distance.

I have the full day on Saturday and just need to be back in Orlando by Saturday night. I plan on brining all my own gear, but will need weights and tanks.

Let me know if anyone has recommendations or would like to meet up for a few dives.

Matt

Ditto,diving off Daytona right now is cold and likely dark.
Charters will likely not be taking you deep enough to get to warm-ish or clear waters.

Go to Jupiter! Check out Jupiter Dive Center or Captain Sl8er or Stuart Scuba.

If you really want to dive the springs, you can probably hire a guide from Dayo or American Pro. I suggest making a phone call.... most dive shops are still in the 20th century when it comes to electronic communications

Last edited:
I got certified in Daytona....there's absolutely nothing to see off that coastline at all...you can do Ponce de Leon springs in Deland? Or head south as suggested....Daytona....armpit of Florida.:D

What about the aquarium at Epcot?
That's a very fun dive, I've done it twice. It's $179 and they provide everything except a mask. Epcot Seas Adventures – DiveQuest He'll probably have to sign up now to get a spot in march.

It's not the least bit challenging and you get up close and personal with more animals than I've ever seen on a single open water dive.

No question for me, I would spend the 5 hours of driving to get in 2 dives in Jupiter over a dive at Epcot. Leave Orlando about 5:30 or so, you'd be back by about 4:00. The Lemon Sharks may still be around . I had one of my best shark dives on Feb 2, going to try again on Feb 23.

I did Epcot once in 2008, it was an interesting tour and and a mediocre 40 min dive. Best part was playing with the children at the viewing window.

I tried to get out of Daytona one April with Discover Diving. The boat dives were cancelled. Ended up doing 2 really unremarkable dives at Blue Spring State Park

I live in Orlando; have done EPCOT once, but I "upvote" Jupiter/West Palm. 2:20 drive from my place near the airport. Easy to make a Saturday 1PM boat for two dives; have dinner down there; and be back in Orlando in the evening.

Thanks for all of the input...that was exactly the info I needed! I just booked my dive for Saturday at Jupiter Dive Center. I'm looking forward getting some dives, even if it's only one day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom