Orlando Daytona Beach Diving - Saturday, March 3, 2018

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jupiter Dive Center has a great website and were very helpful...so far they look like a great operator.

Jupiter Dive Center has a great website and were very helpful...so far they look like a great operator.
I use JDC, have more than 100 dives with them, very good operator. You don't need a buddy, stay loosely with the DM, who takes a flag. Surface with the DM or on your own SMB

Enjoy your visit, let us know how it works out

One thing to watch....the marine forecast for Jupiter / West Palm. National Weather Service Marine Forecast

You can get a few days heads up on the weather; when the seas are forecast to be at or higher than 5 or 6 feet, most of the operators and the divers will be trying to make a decision before the drive about the trip. JDC should be able to update you as well, but earlier in that week you can start having your own look.

Good luck.

One thing to watch....the marine forecast for Jupiter / West Palm. National Weather Service Marine Forecast

You can get a few days heads up on the weather; when the seas are forecast to be at or higher than 5 or 6 feet, most of the operators and the divers will be trying to make a decision before the drive about the trip. JDC should be able to update you as well, but earlier in that week you can start having your own look.

Good luck.
JDC is very good at notifying you late afternoon before if they have decided not to go out

I endorse JDC too: I've probably done 350 or so dives with them. They were my 'go to' shop when I lived in South Florida.

With that said, I hear good things about Stuart Scuba and Capt Sl8er too
Capt Sl8er changed hands, now Kyalami Charters Jupiter Scuba Diving - Dive with Sharks, Turtles and Goliaths I hear good things about them too, will give them a try one of these days. I do the majority of my diving in Boynton Beach.

I've made three trips on Kyalami (sl8r occasionally returns as a 'guest captain'); had a great time every time. They have just moved their marina/dock location; still on Jupiter Inlet though.

Trip Report:

Unfortunately, the weather didn't cooperate today and the dive boats have all been cancelled

• Coastal waters from Jupiter Inlet to Deerfield Beach FL out 20 NM- Waters from Jupiter Inlet to Deerfield Beach FL from 20 to 60 NM- 304 AM EST Sat Mar 3 2018
  • SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IN EFFECT THROUGH SUNDAY EVENING
  • TODAY North winds 15 to 25 knots. Seas 6 to 8 feet with occasional seas to 10 feet. Period 7 seconds. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop.
I'm looking in to other options for diving closer to Orlando, but doubt I'll find anything on short notice.

Jupiter Dive Center has been great with communication all the way through the process, so I'll definitely try them again next time I'm in FL.

It would be easy to get discouraged, but I'll find something fun or productive to do today.

Thanks again for all of the helpful responses!

Sorry to hear it. Happens fairly often this time of year; this winter seems to me to have had more rough days than "usual". I was able to get out on Kyalami from Jupiter Inlet on Monday, and it was almost flat calm on the surface towards the end of the trip.

Last edited:
Hit one of the springs? Crystal river perhaps? U just might swim with manatees there...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom