Oriskany July 19th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonenglishlee

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Adventure Sports in Montgomery has an oriskany trip slated for the 19th of July. A few spots are availible, so go ahead and grab a spot if you want to go. It will be out of scuba shack in pensacola, a nice operation. costs $180 + whatever gas you would like.

Weather's looking great!
SATURDAY
SOUTHEAST WINDS NEAR 10 KNOTS. SEAS 1 TO 2 FEET. BAYS
AND COASTAL WATERWAYS MOSTLY SMOOTH. ISOLATED SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS.
Come join us... we'll be getting an early start Saturday morning, and we have a great group of folks going.
If you've never been out with us, it's a very relaxed trip... great company, lunch and hand cranked ice cream as well. If you'd like pizza waiting on the pier for you contact me by PM.
Water temps on the surface are up to the mid 80's, but the Flight Deck still running about 68° F so a 5 mil or better is advised.
We have a few slots left... Call the shop at 334-269-3483 to book.
Hope to see y'all aboard.
Rick

The two things we can't forecast with any certainty are the visibility and the current. It's the Gulf, and you get what you get.
However... usually, on the Oriskany, the vis is quite good and the current is slight to non-existent - 80 feet or better, less than a quarter knot. Lately there have been some days with some trash shallow, with good vis below. Haven't heard of any significant currents lately, but that's no guarantee.
Surface temp is 85° F at the Pensacola South Buoy. I have reports that the temp at the flight deck was 68° - 70° F last weekend.
Seas are forecast at 1 to 2 feet all weekend, winds 5-10 kts.
Rick

Adventure Sports in Montgomery has an oriskany trip slated for the 19th of July. A few spots are availible, so go ahead and grab a spot if you want to go. It will be out of scuba shack in pensacola, a nice operation. costs $180 + whatever gas you would like.

You guys must be doing a Tec profile for a cost of $180. Or maybe a three tank dive?

Did two days on the "O" last weekend...Friday, mild current limited vis. first 30 ft. and slowly improving with depth increase, my dive was to 168 and could CLEARLY see divers at 215. Sunday, ripping current, muck layer first 20 ft. with excellent vis underneath of 80 ft. plus...Uncle Ricky's right, you pay your money and take your chances. A bad vis. day on the "O" is less that 50 ft.

You guys must be doing a Tec profile for a cost of $180. Or maybe a three tank dive?

I can say from experience with the guys and girls that will be on this trip that there is no price that you can put on the good times that will be had. I do understand where you are coming from. Have the boats elsewhere not had to go up due to fuel prices yet?

Thanks...

Agreed, current and vis are a crap shoot on every dive, but the water temps were the main thing I was thinking about. I will not be going below the flight deck but 68 F tells me what wet suit to bring.

Thanks guys...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom