ordering first set of spring straps - advice please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oreocookie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been contemplating getting spring straps for my mares avanti quattros for a while, so since I'm ordering something else from Piranha I figure I may as well get some spring straps at the same time. (their price is cheap enough that it won't bug me if I don't like them or the quality isn't there) I know I'd need the clip style, but other than that, I'm at a bit of a loss. (Clip Style) First, I'm trying to figure out if there's any benefit in paying $3 more per strap for the Pro Clip style than the regular ones other than having a larger heel pad/pull tab. Second, what size to go for? I measured center of the post to center of the other post and got roughly 13.5 inches. Obviously they stretch, but how much (or how little) do I want it to be stretched when the fin is on my foot? I'm thinking probably Large, but a)I'm not entirely sure I'm measuring it right and b)I'm not exactly sure how they're supposed to fit.

I'm thinking that this really shouldn't be that hard, so I'm feeling a little dumb at the moment. Please help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom