Order of bolt snaps on right shoulder ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do the same. I clip up.

jonnythan:
I was just wondering what order most people put these on. I think I figured out what works well for me - backup light on the inside, then light head, then regulator. Hardly seems like a big deal, but I was wondering nonetheless.

Thoughts?

FYI...Don't leave the Sensus Pro in a pocket for extended periods (i.e. a several day trip to Florida caves). I did and it stopped recording :mad1: . I make sure I take it out at the end of the day. I haven't had any problems since.

Spectre:
You don't have a pocket?

That happened to chickdiver once. I exchanged a few e-mails with tech support, we checked the internal clock and realized that it had reset itself. Our guess was that the bolt snaps in the pocket shorted across the contact points.

I still keep mine in my left pocket, I've not had issues. She's moved hers over to her right [I didn't because I don't have bungee in that pocket to clip it off to.

I guess I'll toss it in a pocket eventually, but it seems a little safer on the D-ring for the reasons you mentioned. The Bare pocket is small and pretty useless, so to clip the Sensus in there I'd need to punch a few holes and rig up some bungee. I hate the drysuit so I'd like to avoid punching any more holes in it.. or even putting that much effort into it :wink:

jonnythan:
I guess I'll toss it in a pocket eventually, but it seems a little safer on the D-ring for the reasons you mentioned. The Bare pocket is small and pretty useless, so to clip the Sensus in there I'd need to punch a few holes and rig up some bungee. I hate the drysuit so I'd like to avoid punching any more holes in it.. or even putting that much effort into it :wink:

It wasn't easy on my ATRHD. I bought a grommet kit for like $5 at Home Depot and the punch wouldn't puncture the material. I ended up having to cut it with an exacto knife. I'm glad I did, though...it only took a few minutes to do the whole project and now my wetnotes, lobster gauge, car key, and double ender don't fall out :)

Soggy:
It wasn't easy on my ATRHD. I bought a grommet kit for like $5 at Home Depot and the punch wouldn't puncture the material. I ended up having to cut it with an exacto knife. I'm glad I did, though...it only took a few minutes to do the whole project and now my wetnotes, lobster gauge, car key, and double ender don't fall out :)

I keep my car key around my neck *under* my dry or wetsuit. Since I cannot think of any reason why I should be able to access it during the dive the only thing that can happen when I put it in my pocket is loose it...

Reinoud:
I keep my car key around my neck *under* my dry or wetsuit. Since I cannot think of any reason why I should be able to access it during the dive the only thing that can happen when I put it in my pocket is loose it...

It's only there for shore dives where I need to get into my car before I get out of my gear. It's a duplicate and is tied to a bolt snap and clipped off. I usually have my car keys in my pocket as well :)

Mine didn't reset the clock. It was kept in a DUI utility pocket (a much more snug pocket). I thought maybe that the contacts stayed wet for so long that it puked. I still put it in that pocket, but I always take it out at the end of the day. I haven't had any problems since.

Spectre:
That happened to chickdiver once. I exchanged a few e-mails with tech support, we checked the internal clock and realized that it had reset itself. Our guess was that the bolt snaps in the pocket shorted across the contact points.

I still keep mine in my left pocket, I've not had issues. She's moved hers over to her right [I didn't because I don't have bungee in that pocket to clip it off to.

Are you sure it didn't? The only way to tell is if you look at the file structure of the downloaded info. It basically indexs things off "seconds since life began", and when you download the data, it records when it was downloaded in seconds since life began. It then uses the system clock at time of download vs. 'seconds of life' to determine when the dive was.

I'll try to remember to make up some instructions tomorrow to walk you through figuring out when it last reset.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom