Orca bait La Carta De Oaxaca mission

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDelage:
Hi all,

I'm new to the board, and I wouldn't mind joining you, and get to know a few of the divers around here. I love the food there too... I'm not sure if I can commit already as I'm commuting from the Evil Empire (Redmond), and my days are a bit chaotic these days.

Would it be OK if I commited tomorrow?

No worries, let us know tomorrow and we'll adjust the number accordingly.

And, Orca Bait as the name works great-good idea.

Lynne, you may have a point there . . .

Oh, those of you who didn't join us missed quite a delightful evening. Doug promised fine Mexican food, and he wasn't lying. I am not normally a huge fan of mole, but the mole there is to die for. There were six of us, ranging from solo diver, to free spirit, to NAUI instructor/tech diver, to KoolAid addict, KoolAid sipper, and somebody who just wants to get wet in the sound. We managed to agree (gasp!) that the ocean was big enough for all of us. What's even stranger, by the end of the evening, all possible pairs were talking about diving together. Alcohol is a good lubricant, I guess.

When it comes down to it and we meet face to face, we're all divers, and we all share the wonder and delight that comes from being able to go underwater and see what's there. And when we can all get together and share that AND some outrageous Mexican food, it's one fine evening! Thanks, Doug, for herding the cats.

Sorry I missed it- My meeting ran quite late. Hopefully we could try for another get together sometime.

It was wonderful to meet all of you! I had a great time. Thanks, Doug, for arranging this. I say we do it again, and include the diving we spoke of.

TSandM:
Oh, those of you who didn't join us missed quite a delightful evening. Doug promised fine Mexican food, and he wasn't lying. I am not normally a huge fan of mole, but the mole there is to die for.

i told you! i told you! TO DIE FOR! ;-)

i'm bummed i missed the dinner. i have yet to find anything even remotely close to tha tasty in klamath falls. hopefully i won't be out of town next time you do this. sounds like you guys had a nice dine!

Thanks to everyone that came out-that was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed meeting everyone, it was very interesting to hear everyone's stories about diving and getting to know you all. As Lynne mentioned, it was a diverse group-we've got some very intelligent people that have lived some interesting lives on this board, and it was good to put some names to faces.

I'm glad the food lived up to expectations (I'd certainly talked it up enough), and I hope we all get a chance to dive together soon.

Nailer-sorry we missed you, but we'll be doing this again for sure.

I agree, it was great fun. Doug, thanks for setting this up.

Joss

Nailer99:
Sorry I missed it- My meeting ran quite late. Hopefully we could try for another get together sometime.

Ours ran quite late, too :D Sorry we missed you, and thelawgoddess. Next time, for sure.

Back
Top Bottom