Orca bait La Carta De Oaxaca mission

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thelawgoddess:
dsteding, i'm actually not a lawyer per se. i mean, i guess i am a lawyer by virtue of my schooling, but i'm not a licensed attorney. (and didn't have hopes of becoming one in my going to law school.) it's just a handle that has been with me since ... oh, about 1994 or so. ;-)

and thanks, tsandm ... it's just so hard to find a really good tamale. btw, i really enjoyed reading some of your journal. as someone about to take a scuba course who also has some existing "issues" with water, it was good to hear that you could have such a trying start and still be enjoying the sport so much today. :)

That, lawgoddess, sound awfully like a lawyerly answer. Anyone who has gone through law school and come out with any semblance of sanity is okay in my book. I lost all of mine about the end of my second year. At least I gained some great student loan debt . . .

Have a great time in Klamath Falls. I agree about Lynne's journal. A must read for every new diver. Especially when you you see her dive now, she is the epitome of grace underwater . . .

dsteding:
That, lawgoddess, sound awfully like a lawyerly answer. Anyone who has gone through law school and come out with any semblance of sanity is okay in my book. I lost all of mine about the end of my second year. At least I gained some great student loan debt . . .

Have a great time in Klamath Falls. I agree about Lynne's journal. A must read for every new diver. Especially when you you see her dive now, she is the epitome of grace underwater . . .

who says i'm sane? :mooner: i got gray hair in law school. i still get people asking me why i have gray hair at my age. luckily i have an easy answer, although i think they don't really "get" it. (i'm sure you understand!) and i actually did just about lose my mind while i was there, but that's a story that doesn't belong here. :wink: one last thing, though, about the student loan debt ... it's my mortgage -- only without the house. :(

that is now two people who have told me lynne is great. look forward to meeting her ... and the rest of you ... in the future. :coffee:

Uh...so, it's Tuesday the 20th, 7:15, then? kewl.

thelawgoddess:
who says i'm sane? :mooner: i got gray hair in law school. i still get people asking me why i have gray hair at my age. luckily i have an easy answer, although i think they don't really "get" it. (i'm sure you understand!) and i actually did just about lose my mind while i was there, but that's a story that doesn't belong here. :wink: QUOTE]

I'm getting gray hair at the rate of one a day, and I am 8 months into practice. We'll have to share war stories some day.

-Doug

P.S. I can't believe you moon'ed me.

P.P.S. Nailer: Tuesday, June 20th at 7:15 it is.

Thanks for the compliment, Doug -- You're making me blush!:redface:

Aargh- I have an appointment at 6:30 PM I can't get out of- should take an hour to an hour and a half- I'll try to come down and meet you guys after dinner, if you're still there- have fun, and somebody better order the posole- it's amazing.

Nailer-I'm sure we'll still be there, so stop by.

Everyone else, it looks like there are 6 of us, if the first person to get there can put us on the list for a table, that will be great. For those of you that haven't met me, I wear glasses, am about 6'1", and will have on a blue shirt and dark gray pants. Sleeves generally get rolled up by that time of day (yes, I do know what I am going to wear tomorrow, my work-week life consists of an orderly progression through clean shirts).

-Doug

"orderly progression through clean shirts" . . . Nobody should wonder why DIR appeals to you :)

Just so that we can all identify the reservation, should the first person put the name in as "orca bait"?

Hi all,

I'm new to the board, and I wouldn't mind joining you, and get to know a few of the divers around here. I love the food there too... I'm not sure if I can commit already as I'm commuting from the Evil Empire (Redmond), and my days are a bit chaotic these days.

Would it be OK if I commited tomorrow?

TSandM:
"orderly progression through clean shirts" . . . Nobody should wonder why DIR appeals to you :)

Just so that we can all identify the reservation, should the first person put the name in as "orca bait"?

While listing oneself at a restaurant as "Wild" or "Toga" can be fun, I like this idea :)

*, short, long blond hair, on summer vacation so no clue what I will wear

Back
Top Bottom