Orca Bait "Big Buddy" dive ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Would there be any interest in setting up an Orca Bait "Big Buddy" dive for either Saturday AUG 13 or Sunday AUG 14 ???

Basically, this would be a dive dedicated to pairing up a new diver with an experienced diver for a dive or two or mentoring. I've been contacted recently by some of our newer members asking about how to find a buddy, and this would seem to be a good approach ... both to "getting started" with their diving, and as a way to help the newly-certified among us meet other newer divers who they can continue diving with afterward.

What do y'all think? I'm proposing that week-end because, frankly, it's the only one I don't have something scheduled between now and early October.

Both noobs and mentors, please post your thoughts ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Would you, by any chance, have tiberiu in mind? :eyebrow:

As a Puget Sound expat, I think it's a great idea. If only I weren't on the far side of nine time zones away.

Compared to the experience of you and some other Puget Sound divers, though, I'd be on the mentoree side... along with Pug...

--Marek

NWGratefulDiver:
Would there be any interest in setting up an Orca Bait "Big Buddy" dive for either Saturday AUG 13 or Sunday AUG 14 ???
Both noobs and mentors, please post your thoughts ...
I'm down for that Saturday as well. I may need a freakin' refresher course, though. :wink:

I'd be more than happy to lead a n00b around. Let's do it!

Jimmie

kalvyn:
I'm down for that Saturday as well. I may need a freakin' refresher course, though. :wink:

I'd be more than happy to lead a n00b around. Let's do it!

Jimmie

I work on sunday untill 2:30 pm . What will be the location where you want to go ?
Alki is near for me and I can be there at 3 pm ( hopefully I will find a parking spot) hehe

I might be able to do this. Have to see if I am headed to Portland that weekend. Should know soon.
I am not sure where I fall in the status of things.. Not new to diving but new to Orca Bait. Will watch this post and let you know if I am here or Portland that weekend.

gis_gal:
I might be able to do this. Have to see if I am headed to Portland that weekend. Should know soon.
I am not sure where I fall in the status of things.. Not new to diving but new to Orca Bait. Will watch this post and let you know if I am here or Portland that weekend.

okay let me know . Is Alki okay for you ?

Sorry I can't make it. Would love to, but business sometimes gets in the way of my real life. :D

tiberiu:
okay let me know . Is Alki okay for you ?
Alki ???? You want to dive Alki?? Why would anyone want to dive there? I hear they have a GPO who lives under a boat and Sea Lions swim over and play in your bubbles. They also have a shower, parking, bathrooms, food and drinks, a pretty easy in and out.

Ok I'm in and yes I love to dive Alki Cove #2 is fun.

But I did read that you are NEW... I sure hope you won't slow me down.. or take too much time messing with your gear... :mischief:

Again not a problem. We all were new at one time.. We all were slow and took too long with our gear. I like being slow.. better to find the really neat creatures. And if the gear needs tweeking on the surface is the best/safest place to do that. Whats important is getting out and diving and making sure we all do it safely.

gis_gal:
Alki ???? You want to dive Alki?? Why would anyone want to dive there? I hear they have a GPO who lives under a boat and Sea Lions swim over and play in your bubbles. They also have a shower, parking, bathrooms, food and drinks, a pretty easy in and out.

Ok I'm in and yes I love to dive Alki Cove #2 is fun.

But I did read that you are NEW... I sure hope you won't slow me down.. or take too much time messing with your gear... :mischief:

Again not a problem. We all were new at one time.. We all were slow and took too long with our gear. I like being slow.. better to find the really neat creatures. And if the gear needs tweeking on the surface is the best/safest place to do that. Whats important is getting out and diving and making sure we all do it safely.

:) I 'm sorry I will try to keep up with you the best I can ... when will be a good time for you to go ?

Back
Top Bottom