Oral inflator on a drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lord1234

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok,
So I have a drysuit in front of me that is an old army issue TLS350. Has an oral inflator on the left wrist about an inch above the wrist seal. Has anyone seen one of these? Anyone have an idea how to properly remove it without causing damage to the suit?

--L1234

Why remove it? You're all set for dry skin-diving.

pete

if i was a seal then this might be worthwile...but i think i will close it off and dive it.

lord1234:
Ok,
So I have a drysuit in front of me that is an old army issue TLS350. Has an oral inflator on the left wrist about an inch above the wrist seal. Has anyone seen one of these? Anyone have an idea how to properly remove it without causing damage to the suit?

--L1234

I've seen them on older drysuits. Modern ones don't usually have them.

It should be easy enough to just unscrew it from the inside and remove it. You may need to heat it with a blowdryer to get the glue to soften up if it's been glued on.

Normally the hole can be patched without issue.

Also, in addition to spectrum's idea of just leaving it there, you may want to consider removing the inflator valve and replacing it with a *de*flator valve in the same location. A lot of people seem to like having a dump valve on the forearm.

R..

Back
Top Bottom