Options for Cold Water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

niu_roadkill

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I found a couple of pretty good deals I could use some advice on. I found a Parkway 7/5 mm semi-dry hooded suit and a Henderson gold core 7/5 full wetsuit for similar prices. I'm not certain which I should get. The Parkway is a little less, but I've never heard of them. Henderson gold core is well known and endoresed, but would require the purchase of seperate hood. Which is the better of these two options? And no I can't afford a drysuit. Nor do I really want to dive in water that cold. This suit is mostly for classes as I advance through certificaitons and an occasional dive during the summer her in the Midwest. Any and all advice appreciation.

When I had my westuit made I was asked if Iwanted the hood attatched. No, I think my suit would be more flexable without it. If I need the hood I wear it, if I dont need the hood I wont. I never stoped to consider how often would I dive water so cold that I need a 7 mil wetsuit but not need thermal protection for my nogin. There is nothing wrong with a seperate hood, but it has a really big seam all the way around your neck that will leak water. I have never heard of a Parkway wetsuit, but that doesnt mean much... Hendersons are a well known company and the hyperstretch suits are very easy to don. (Im not sure if the gold core is a hyperstretch) However if the neoprene is real stretchy, then it compress very easily also meaning that it wont give you as much thermal protection at depth as a standard neoprene wetsuit would.

HTH

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom