Opinions on HP QDs for gauges/computers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I suspect you would be fine with the one supplied by scubapro. You might have to do a fair amount of searching for a swagelok connector and definately know what size you need. Scubapro already did this legwork so you wouldn't have to worry about getting a wrong size.

I'm not sure what brand I had ~2000; probably a SP. I'd most likely use a new HP QD on my Atomic reg as it's the one with an AI computer. My SP reg is used when diving doubles/stage bottles and has no AI computer. It (SP reg) has a SPG; I'm thinking of going side mount, but that's another discussion!
Thanks!

I have used the Oceanic Datalink for years to permit moving my console from regulator to regulator. The threads can get crusty and need to be cleaned once in a while but that's par for the course. I probably would not bother as a packing convenience, there must be a better way.

Pete

Packing isn't the only reason, but it was on my mind when I posted as I'd recently cleaned/packed my gear for the season. My first reg (SP Mk20-G250-Suunto Vyper) had a QD on the console & packed away with less stress on the hoses. I believe that I used a "soft" cooler as a reg bag back then; it worked well & was quite spacious. It could be filled with fresh water on the dive boat too!
I found that the computer-PC interface was easier to use with the QD, but the more I think about the "why I want one" the less that I want one!

Back
Top Bottom