Opinion on scubapro reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a G250/Mk25 setup. I'd like to recommend that as well. I love it, and have zero regrets.

The SA is lighter, which is good for packing it along, but not really worth the investment since all you are doing is saving a bit of weight in your luggage. The T is a headache when it comes to hyperoxic mixes.

I've only been down to 60F, so I can't comment on the >40F reliability. That's just too cold for me right now.

Also a MK25/G250HP setup. Also, no regrets. Only had it down to 55 F so far.

Interesting to see some of the comments being made. I really hadn't broken it down quite as far, but went with the 250 vs the 6xx types for many of the things being mentioned... it should serve me well as I advance in gasses and dry suits.

awap:
DA - Why is the G250 (I assume we are talking the current HP version) cold water freezing characteristics any different than the S600. Are we not looking at the exact same materials and design in the vicinity of the orifice & LP seat?
I wish I knew the definitive answer to that one. My guess is that the G250 does have more surface area with its larger case and that while the heat transfer rates of the plastic/graphite epoxy resin case pretty much suck, more sucky heat transfer is probably better than a lesser amount of sucky heat tranfer.

I have 2 of the MK25/SA with 550/380 octo and 2 of the MK25 / 550/380 octo. The SA verson is very light and good for traveling. My wife and I and both daughters dive and I would not own anything else.

Rich

hoosier:
Are you kidding? SP issued the warranty card for the item that was purchased in SE Asia? Great, I thought the free part program is only applied to U.S. market reg.
So, how did you prove that you bought it from the authorized dealer in Thailand?

Well, I called Scubapro USA—they asked for copies of my receipts and my (customer) segment of the Warranty Registration cards (with the dealer stamps). I faxed the documents to Scubapro USA, they checked their record (I guess that was easy as they had the serial numbers for my MK20/S600 and I had bought the reg from Dive Supply, the big Scubapro dealer/distributor in Thailand). Scubapro USA then calls me back and told me my Original Owner Identification Cards were on their way.

Back
Top Bottom