Opinion on owning multiple bottles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would agree, never sell. Bigger bm doubles with a 40 will get you started. Now I'm slinging 2 80's and a 40.

Don't listen to anyone that says you need to sell some bottles. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

20645234_10211973876815539_3628134605313539131_o.jpg

20604554_10211966410268880_9032781246972745743_n.jpg

BTW -- double 80s are great for ocean diving in a wetsuit. I love them, well balanced, enough gas for even moderate dives, and easily manageable.

@kensuf

Oh, look, cute little cubbyholes! :D

@kensuf

Oh, look, cute little cubbyholes! :D
Someone doesn’t keep their cylinders in cute little cubbyholes, handle up for full, handle down for needs a fill?

Someone doesn’t keep their cylinders in cute little cubbyholes, handle up for full, handle down for needs a fill?

I don't have the luxury of such space! My "active'" tanks live in my vehicle during the season so I don't have to bump them up (on the way in) and down (on the way out) several steps into my building. My gear lives in my LR. I'm an apartment dweller.

I had to rent a 15x30 storage unit...

Reactions: Tug
Right now I have 5 al 80's, 2 lp95's, 2 lp 85's, 4 lp72's, 2 lp 75.5's, 2 al 40's, 2 al30's, 2 LP50's, an HP80, and 6 and 19 cu ft bottles. Plus access to a few dozen more. Choice of cylinder depends on the dive but I rarely have to worry about if the location has fills or not. Tanks multiply and you usually never get rid of them unless they fail, are traded for more, or people give up diving. The only ones I've bought new are the 85s, 1 al80, the 6, and one of the 30's. The rest I for less than half retail by buying used.

Yup. Only buy used unless you can't help it. ex. I couldn't find a used AL40 locally, so I just ordered a new one.

If you (OP) buy used, you should be able to get your money out of the tanks if you decide to unload them. ex. The AL80's I just got rid of. I decided that I wasn't going to used them for the next year or more AND I was going to be able to get my money out of them, so I opted to free up some space and get rid of them.

If you don't have space concerns and/or you might use them in the next year or so...I say hang onto them.

I really appreciate all the input Ladies and Gentlemen.

looks like my best course of action is to just add another 40 and a cubby to my collection.

Don't listen to anyone that says you need to sell some bottles. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

View attachment 511294

View attachment 511295

BTW -- double 80s are great for ocean diving in a wetsuit. I love them, well balanced, enough gas for even moderate dives, and easily manageable.
Ken's right. double 80s are great tech 1 tanks. I wish I had a set

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom