Open Water the MOVIE...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have read several reviews on this, and everyone likens it to Blair Witch,

So let me give you the complete story,

90 mins of screaming, then they all die!!!

I had read about this movie but saw my first preview today before a movie matinee'.

Heck, the preview about scard me. I predict this movie "Open Water" doing for SCUBA what Jaws did for Sharks. At least I predict this if the movie is anything like the preview.

Moral of the Story.

Good luck instructors and shops...I see a SLOW spell ahead.

I have not even heard of this movie, do you have any more info on it?

CincyBengalsFan:
Good luck instructors and shops...I see a SLOW spell ahead.

You mean "slower spell" Phil? Things are already pretty slow in this neck of the woods.

DMDC01:
I have not even heard of this movie, do you have any more info on it?

Here's a link to a review: http://www.zboneman.com/movies/728.html

Here's a brief synopsis, taken from the above link:
"Based on a true story, the premise of Open Water is quite simplistic. A married couple set off on a Scuba Diving trip with nine other couples. Once at the diving spot, our adventurous leads (beautifully played by Blanchard Ryan and Daniel Travis) are having the time of their lives as they discover breathtaking underwater vistas. Overwhelmed by all there is to see, they lose track of time and are slightly late getting back to the rendevous point. As they swim to the surface, they are horrified to discover that the boat is gone."

gedunk:
You mean "slower spell" Phil? Things are already pretty slow in this neck of the woods.

I think this is the link

www.openwatermovie.com

Your right...A slower spell....

Well... this seems to be a hot topic around my dive shop... any thoughts on what we've seen of the trailer thus far??

I thought the trailer looked terrible...no name actors,etc-but surprisingly it has got glowing reviews at several film festivals
(Seattle & Sundance) and Rolling Stone also gave it a great
review. The reviewer said it was "absolutely terrifying"
I will wait and form my own opinion...?

I just saw the movie last weekend at the Maui Film Festival and thought it was...CRAP. Yes, it was interesting to me since I'm a diver and knew I'd have to see the movie simply because of its subject matter, but on a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 3 or 4. Despite lots of predive time spent with the two main characters, they weren't particularly sympathetic personalities, so aside from a detatched interest in what could happen if you were left behind by a dive boat, the viewer didn't really feel bad (or anything else) for the two main characters!

Well, I've heard the movie got good reviews??!! I'd think it would get the opposite, and if it does, only divers will bother to see it...Has anyone else seen it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom